Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States downgrades and furloughs - Again...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey motc, I was a mesa pilot and chose to make a stand by walking out because I know what a bottom feeder is and you can't fix it by union bullsit the only way is to kill it by voting with your feet. I know I've taken a stand, don't be dick.
Voting with your feet would have been to never walk into Mesa in the first place. A union won't work for you because you're an idiot who thinks you can't kill something by voting it. What are you going to do keep walking form place to place making sure you stay on the bottom of the seniority list?

Hey motc, I was a mesa pilot and chose to make a stand by walking out because I know what a bottom feeder is and you can't fix it by union bullsit the only way is to kill it by voting with your feet. I know I've taken a stand, don't be dick.

So you went from one bottom feeder(Mesa) to another bottom feeder(TSA). If you had truly been voting with your feet to make the industry better you would have gone a more respectable airline like XJT, ASA, or Comair. All of those airlines have done something in the past 10 or so years to better the profession, even if they got beat down in the process. XJT has a contract regarded as possibly the best in the regionals and arguably better than some legacy contracts in certain areas(except for pay and its not bad), ASA refused to sign a ******************** contract and took a beating for 5 years, Comair actually had the balls(and a democratic president) to strike.

All of those airlines have done something in the past 10 or so years to better the professionquote]

...like the TSA pilots not voting in a crap agreement with a morally-bankrupt management, just to get "shiny new jets" for sub-standard pay. Is that not bettering the profession???

All of those airlines have done something in the past 10 or so years to better the profession

...like the TSA pilots not voting in a crap agreement with a morally-bankrupt management, just to get "shiny new jets" for sub-standard pay. Is that not bettering the profession???

It did better the profession, although in the grand scheme of things, seems to have changed nothing, but ********************ing the TSA pilot group even more. TSA, as a company, is a bottom feeder though. I flew at TSA, I lost my job as a direct result of blowjets. I think I know how that situation impacted the pilot group. Ya know where a lot of those people who voted no are at? Jet Blue and SkyWest, two of the largest non-union carriers in the industry. Ironic isnt it.

Actually, not many who voted NO went to SkyWest as those who did leave for SW were mostly newhires under a year. Not eligble to vote! But yes, others did go to JB and from what I hear, many are trying or at least pro union over there.

As far as making a change by walking out.. you make a change by fighting within, not walking over to the next 'bottom feeder', casue the problem will just follow you to your next job.

Comair set the standard back in 2000. Then MESA dropped the ball and started the downward trend that GoJet/ TSAH followed. Now it has affected everyone within the industry. Mesa/Freedom underbidding is what has caused pain at Comair, even though Mesa/Freedom was and is a third rate airline. But the damage is done..

TSA pilots will always be able to say they held the line...

motch
voted NO and would still do it again

It did better the profession, although in the grand scheme of things, seems to have changed nothing, but ********************ing the TSA pilot group even more. TSA, as a company, is a bottom feeder though. I flew at TSA, I lost my job as a direct result of blowjets. I think I know how that situation impacted the pilot group. Ya know where a lot of those people who voted no are at? Jet Blue and SkyWest, two of the largest non-union carriers in the industry. Ironic isnt it.

I think I know how that situation impacted the pilot group as well. I was there also. I don't know how accurate your facts are re: JB and SKW as I have friends who have moved on from TSA to just about every airline out there. The decision to tell Hulas and company to pound curry may have indeed screwed the TSA pilots in the long run, although that is a matter of interpretation. It did not, however, screw everyone else in this profession. I am sure of that.

I have since left the airlines for the corporate/frac world. The whole airline industry is one big bottom-feeder if you ask me. It pains me to say that as I was one of those who dreamed of making the airlines a career. It is not a career. It is mental, professional and family suicide.

I'll never look back, but I am proud to have been a Waterskier and stood in line with a great group of pilots who told management and Gojet to piss off. I will never forget. I check the interview boards weekly for Gojet pilots. I will never forget.

I'll never look back, but I am proud to have been a Waterskier and stood in line with a great group of pilots who told management and Gojet to piss off. I will never forget. I check the interview boards weekly for Gojet pilots. I will never forget.

Ahhh! TSA..... A great place to be from.

Not many guys from TSA will forget what happened there. Go Jet pilots managed to make a few eneimies for life.

does ae or chq get the tsa flying out of stl? lets face it tsa and uncle huli is the ultimate p.o.s. operation ever in our era!

does ae or chq get the tsa flying out of stl? lets face it tsa and uncle huli is the ultimate p.o.s. operation ever in our era!

Well I for one have pride in my work along with my bros here at TSA. Just another AA kiddie happy to see pilots who were already mistreated out on the street. YAY for you homes!

"Frank was right"
Frank really was right!
PBR

Latest resources

Back