Tough Choice--SWA or UPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
410dude said:
Dude, I'd go with UPS if I were you. They will be getting the A-380!!!! Imagine how cool it would be to fly that thing!!!!

Dude....why ask for pay for flying when we could do it for free!?!?!?!

OMG, you need to go to the doctor to get rid of your SJS.

capt. megadeth said:
Dude....why ask for pay for flying when we could do it for free!?!?!?!

OMG, you need to go to the doctor to get rid of your SJS.

What's SJS? And what's wrong with longing to fly the baddest plane on the planet? Plus UPS has the second baddest airplane on the planet, the 747! SWA is a good company, but I'd want to fly something cooler than a 737 for my entire career.

410dude said:
What's SJS? And what's wrong with longing to fly the baddest plane on the planet? Plus UPS has the second baddest airplane on the planet, the 747! SWA is a good company, but I'd want to fly something cooler than a 737 for my entire career.

I've experienced this and everyone I've talked to says the same thing. The newness of the airplane wears off after about 2 weeks. After that it's all about QOL.

410dude said:

Here's why,,,because after a short time (too short), you will not see the difference between sitting in a 747 or a 737. In fact you will equate aircraft endurance with quality of life,,,I.E: 737,,,4 hrs GOOD! 747: 13 hrs BAAAAADDD!!!

WillowRunVortex said:
Here's why,,,because after a short time (too short), you will not see the difference between sitting in a 747 or a 737. In fact you will equate aircraft endurance with quality of life,,,I.E: 737,,,4 hrs GOOD! 747: 13 hrs BAAAAADDD!!!

I disagree. I got into flying to fly the long haul international heavies. I know that I'd have a big grin on my face for many, many years if I got to fly the A-380 or 747.

There are studies you should read about people who work at night and how it shortens their life spans by 6 to 8 years and also leaves them suceptable to all sorts of medical ailments-- so even if 40% of flying is at day-- is it worth it-- I would have taken a UPS job if it was offered ---- But then again I was not offered UPS and SWA; much less both.. Take SWA

410dude said:
I disagree. I got into flying to fly the long haul international heavies. I know that I'd have a big grin on my face for many, many years if I got to fly the A-380 or 747.

I just noticed your profile,,,and your position. Please dont take the CRJ to 410.

The only thing that truly has the balls to be ridin up there is a 20 series Lear

Flechas said:
And where would this be? As far as I'm concerned all the lunch I get (And most people here I'm sure) comes from either a dying woman, or a gay dude.

Flechas, the choice was SWA or UPS. SWA is hiring pretty young F/A's as we speak. Who wear shorts! Not like the Legacy's, where they can describe the DC3 for ya. If I had the choice it would be,,,COME TA DADDY GIRLS!

Last edited:
UPS is an almost guarantee whereas SWA is just a good bet. 20 years from now UPS will most certainly be here. With SWA anything could happen. Look at Delta/United 5-7 years ago and look at them now. SWA is entirely different, but the comparison is still valid. The pax industry is fickle (sp).

Latest resources

Back