• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To the Gulfstream crew at TEB...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much does it REALLY matter what you fly (unless its a Hansa Jet or something else that is total junk)? Isn't pay and QOL more a factor? I'd rather fly a Citation 1, and have a great boss and a big paycheck, then fly a G550 and have to deal with an a-hole boss and make crap for money.

I'm not a pro-pilot, but isn't that what most people think?

Groundpounder said:
How much does it REALLY matter what you fly (unless its a Hansa Jet or something else that is total junk)? Isn't pay and QOL more a factor? I'd rather fly a Citation 1, and have a great boss and a big paycheck, then fly a G550 and have to deal with an a-hole boss and make crap for money.

I'm not a pro-pilot, but isn't that what most people think?

big paycheck in a Citation I as opposed to crap money in a G550?

just not how it works pounder.

Now, one can argue they like to stay home more and love the Citation, but they are usually full of crap and would jump on the opportunity to fly a G5 for a good company and make G money.

It also works the other way...lots of G flyers always say "hey, Id kill to fly a King Air...har,har" but again, they are full of crap, thier G-esus Egos would shatter and they would shrivel up if they had to give up that left seat perch in a G5.

(Just a generalization)

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
..lots of G flyers always say "hey, Id kill to fly a King Air...har,har" but again, they are full of crap, thier G-esus Egos would shatter and they would shrivel up if they had to give up that left seat perch in a G5.

hmmm- not exactly--in about 6 yrs, i would love to fly a nice c90 or some other variation on the theme, just enough to stay current ( i can barely stay current now).:)

Gulfstream 200 said:
It also works the other way...lots of G flyers always say "hey, Id kill to fly a King Air...har,har" but again, they are full of crap, thier G-esus Egos would shatter and they would shrivel up if they had to give up that left seat perch in a G5.
Ouch! Being a "G-Pilot" myself, I can honestly say if I could get a very secure (yeah right) job flying a King Air 300 in Iowa somewhere, flying a couple days a week for $150,000+ base salary and a good retirement, I would probably jump at it! The problem is, those jobs just don't exist... So if you wanna make the money, you gotta fly the metal... Just the facts of life!

Until they come knockin', I'll just continue sluggin' around in the G-V... :rolleyes:

Falcon Capt said:
Ouch! Being a "G-Pilot" myself, I can honestly say if I could get a very secure (yeah right) job flying a King Air 300 in Iowa somewhere, flying a couple days a week for $150,000+ base salary and a good retirement, I would probably jump at it! The problem is, those jobs just don't exist... So if you wanna make the money, you gotta fly the metal... Just the facts of life!

Until they come knockin', I'll just continue sluggin' around in the G-V... :rolleyes:

HA!

You might have some competition on that job Capt!

Guys, I was really kinda joking....just making the point to pounder that if you want the bucks ya gotta go away on the bigger equip....just a fact I suppose..the "bigger suitcase" is not for your clothes, its for your MONEY!...(haha)

Everyone wants that stable Fortune 10 job thats pay top dollar, puts you in a GV, and you only fly as far as Florida - 2X a month for an overnight....in casual dress and unlimited expenses.

;)

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
Everyone wants that stable Fortune 10 job thats pay top dollar, puts you in a GV, and you only fly as far as Florida - 2X a month for an overnight....in casual dress and unlimited expenses.

;)
Sign me up! I'll even fly as far as California (however, that would only be once a month in that case)... ;)

Falcon Capt said:
Sign me up! I'll even fly as far as California (however, that would only be once a month in that case)... ;)

and my family comes with me..

Hey Capt - feel good to come home nonstop the other day?

:D

Falcon Capt said:

I am finding out those jobs do exist. You just don't hear about them cause the guys lucky enough to have that kind of job aren't stupid enough to talk about it. Would you? Give me a job flying a B200 around the Midwest and the boss goes only if I want to and I make 150K with a 12K car allowence, I fly 8 days a month, but if I want to fly more the boss tells me to take the airplane and go practice, boss does not believe in taking a trip unless it is scheduled 4 weeks in advance (never on weekends or holdays, just Tue-Thurs) and to top it all off, 30K bonus December 1st every year. If I had that and you asked me what I did for a living, the conversation would go just like this:
You: What do you do for a living?
Me: I am in aviation
You: Are you a Pilot?
Me: Yes
You: What kind of plane do you fly?
Me: One of those prop jobs
You: Oh, you didn't want to be a real pilot and go fly for the airlines?
Me: Exactly

Latest resources

Back