• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To the Gulfstream crew at TEB...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.85 or .86 on the natracks east bound is about average.

The only X's that go between the service centers are NJA's. Corp Citations do very well on the road.

.82 is long range cruise about 1600pph and is still a very respectable number considering 13,000lbs is total fuel.

Don't forget the reserved runways

If you fly a Citation X many airports have a special runway just for you with an X painted on each end.

Unleaded said:
just remember when you think everyone is in your way remember you're in our way.

.92 need i say more?

Just how did you get that job flying .92 with a PPL and 100 hours TT? What insurance company wrote you a policy? Just going by your profile. If I am missing something, please let me know.

Last edited:
I used to get offended with all the swept-wing drivers insulting my "jet-hood". But I just started flying jets a few months ago (CE550, 560) and I now know my place in life as a lowly Citation pilot.

So I say "thank you" to all the non-citation jet pilots for my spiritual awakening. You have educated me to the possibility that a straight winged jet may not be a jet at all. In your honor, I will never say my mach number when queried by ATC, I will reply with KIAS only (damned embarrassing anyway). I will always asked to be vectored away from real jets in the climb. I have been enlightened at last!!!!!! I shall always strive to fly a real and fast jet with swept wings!!! Ha-lle-lu-jah, my eyes have been opened and I see the light! I pray to God almighty to hasten the day that I too will fly a fast jet. I will join the ranks of those who have gone before me down the path of the swept and widebody (as opposed the straight and narrow). Thank ya Jesus!!! Wooo-hoooo!!!!!:p

Everybody sing: I saw the light, I saw the light............

Unleaded said:
.85 or .86 on the natracks east bound is about average.

Gulfstream took a Citation X in on a trade and let the flight test engineers have it for qualitative testing before it was resold (this competitive analysis is something many manufaturers do, Bombardier leased and instrumented a GV, but they were disappointed in their results; Cessna sent an Experimental Test Pilot to GV initial at FSI). The engineers ballasted the X to 8 pax and put the requisite test stations and orange wire in the jet and this is what they came up with including NBAA IFR reserves:

Normal Cruise - M 0.85 Range: 2,613nm
Long Range Cruise - M 0.82 Range: 2,767nm
Intermediate Cruise - M 0.90 Range: 1,889nm
High Speed Cruise -M 0.92 Range: 773nm
MMO - M 0.92M

Takeoff distance 5,140ft.
(SL,ISA, MGTOW)

Landing distance 3,410ft.
(SL,ISA,MLW)

Initial Altitude FL 430

When ballasted for 4 passengers the engineers got:

M 0.85 - 2,978 nm
M 0.82 - 3,098 nm
M 0.92 - Not Tested

The test crew observed that the highest cruise speeds occured in the mid- 30's, but fuel consumption increased by almost 50 percent. Flying in the 40's dropped cruise speed by 25 to 35 knots, but available cruise speed was still up to 499 knots.

Unleaded said:
The only X's that go between the service centers are NJA's. Corp Citations do very well on the road.

In the last 12 months US Bank grounded then sold their Citation Xs and General Motors, citing a lack of reliability in their five Citation Xs, replaced them with Gulfstream G350s.

GV

Hold on a minute. US Bank closed the flight department. It's 1 thing if the planes got sold then replaced, but that is not the case here. If they had GVs or LR60s, they planes were going regardless. The flight department over at US Bank was a mess. I know they grounded their airplanes, but if you have poor performance by the MX staff, that stuff is going to happen. Then Tag comes in and you know how banks are aabout $, and Tag AIN'T cheap. It's like the aircraft owner that asked his Mechanic if the Hawker 800A could fly to Hawaii. Mechanic said "Oh yeah, no problem", so the pilots got fired cause they told him it could not do it safely. You have poeple that do not know what they are talking about or what they are doing and the CEO has to get involved, hang on, cause things are going to get nasty. Maybe their 750s were junk, but there is a lot more to the story than that. As for GM, those planes have run their course over there. They have had them for several years and they needed larger airplane. I frequently see those Xs pull up somewhere and 7 or 8 pax get off. The X is not a good airplane for 8 people on trips the lengths they fly. 8 folks crammed in there after a long day is not the best situation. Those middle and upper managers complained a lot about the size of the cabins. Once again, maybe their X's were junk as well, but there is more to the story than the planes were not reliable. Gulfstreams break as well, but like Boeings, it's typically not a no go item. Gulfstreams are extremely reliable aircraft and rock solid, and the same thing can be said about the GX. It's all a wash. BTW, I'd love to occupy that seat to your right.
GVFlyer said:
Gulfstream took a Citation X in on a trade and let the flight test engineers have it for qualitative testing before it was resold (this competitive analysis is something many manufaturers do, Bombardier leased and instrumented a GV, but they were disappointed in their results; Cessna sent an Experimental Test Pilot to GV initial at FSI). The engineers ballasted the X to 8 pax and put the requisite test stations and orange wire in the jet and this is what they came up with including NBAA IFR reserves:

Normal Cruise - M 0.85 Range: 2,613nm
Long Range Cruise - M 0.82 Range: 2,767nm
Intermediate Cruise - M 0.90 Range: 1,889nm
High Speed Cruise -M 0.92 Range: 773nm
MMO - M 0.92M

Takeoff distance 5,140ft.
(SL,ISA, MGTOW)

Landing distance 3,410ft.
(SL,ISA,MLW)

Initial Altitude FL 430

When ballasted for 4 passengers the engineers got:

M 0.85 - 2,978 nm
M 0.82 - 3,098 nm
M 0.92 - Not Tested

The test crew observed that the highest cruise speeds occured in the mid- 30's, but fuel consumption increased by almost 50 percent. Flying in the 40's dropped cruise speed by 25 to 35 knots, but available cruise speed was still up to 499 knots.

In the last 12 months US Bank grounded then sold their Citation Xs and General Motors, citing a lack of reliability in their five Citation Xs, replaced them with Gulfstream G350s.

GV

flydaddy0499 said:
You have educated me to the possibility that a straight winged jet may not be a jet at all. In your honor, I will never say my mach number when queried by ATC, I will reply with KIAS only (danged embarrassing anyway).
That thing actually has a Mach Meter in it?!?!!? :eek:

Just Kidding! ;)

Oh yeah!!! Well my dad can beat up your dad.
My girlfriend has bigger t!ts than yours (who was her plastic surgeon anyway!)
My Mustang will blow your vette's doors off biatch!
I'll see you at recess!

You're all a buncha PUNKS!

Latest resources

Back