To ALL UNITED pilots courtesy of ALL UAX carriers and their pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Enjoy your arrogance.

Arrogance? Hello pot, this is kettle! Denying UAL pilots a jumpseat will not fix this. I was a JS Chair for 5 years at another carrier and we had a similar problem with our express folks, albeit much smaller.

Teamwork between them and us fixed it, not a divisive tactic like starting this nonsense. There will be NO WINNERS here....

What is happeneing is not right, I agree. However, UA Mgmt could care less about it. We have a commutter clause and I will gladly use it and stay home or have the CO get me a BP1-Pos space pass (which they will do to crew a trip).

There has to be a better way. I feel for you guys and what you are saying is right but this method for a fix is wrong.

It won't.

Do you think for a second UAL MGMT gives a sh!t weather or not they fix this?

Threats of a jumpseat war are NO WAY to fix it. Mgmt eats this stuff up.

It's right out of Divide and conquor 101. That's all they seem to teach in MBA programs now. God knows they sure as hell don't teach leadership.

The only people being divisive are the UAALPA MEC. By the way the Express Carriers were told by UA management go talk to the UA MEC and they said they would not change it.

I love how everyone says that jumpseat agreements are between pilot groups, but it is the company that actually forms the agreements. If I'm a UAX pilot and get bumped by a mainline on my own company, and that pilot accepts it and doesn't walk away right then and there, then my beef is with UAL, pilot group and company.

Where is the professionalism to give up a jumpseat to the guy on his own company? You can't say it's one and not the other, it's a package deal.

First of all you are making wild ass assumptions you know nothing about. United management changed the jump seat priority to something different than what is stated in the jump seat agreement. Why has is gone this far? Because UAALPA has agreed to the change by management and told our jump seat committee that they will not pursue and fix the problem. This is not only a problem with Management but UAAPLA to. They have choosen not to honor the agreement.

Stan why do you even comment on this? You obviously know nothing about the situation.

I've been involved at another carrier that had a bunch of pilots that wanted to deny Skywest pilots the jumpseat after there union vote. That would have been stupid also.

I've been involved at another carrier that had a bunch of pilots that wanted to deny Skywest pilots the jumpseat after there union vote. That would have been stupid also.

Well, yeah, THAT would've been denying the jumpseat for political purposes, which ALPA and most other unions clearly condemn. This is about keeping true reciprocity in place. I don't know whether it'll be counterproductive but it's pretty justifiable in my opinion, and from what I hear the UAX guys have exhausted all other options.

Well, yeah, THAT would've been denying the jumpseat for political purposes, which ALPA and most other unions clearly condemn. This is about keeping true reciprocity in place. I don't know whether it'll be counterproductive but it's pretty justifiable in my opinion, and from what I hear the UAX guys have exhausted all other options.

Act like captains.

The fact is, mainline pilots feel as though they own the regional seats....Both in back and in the cockpit....For years Delta has tried to get priority on Connection seats....

Looks like the regional folks are getting fed up with that entitlement attitude....

It would not surprise be one bit if the United MEC likes the current situation and won't push to change it unless something like this is done....

What part of agreement is hard for you to comprehend? The computer system was changed to give UAL pilots #1 priority on UAX carriers. This goes against the agreement and the UAALPA MEC supports that. So much for the agreement.

This has nothing to do with unions.

First of all you are making wild ass assumptions you know nothing about. United management changed the jump seat priority to something different than what is stated in the jump seat agreement. Why has is gone this far? Because UAALPA has agreed to the change by management and told our jump seat committee that they will not pursue and fix the problem. This is not only a problem with Management but UAAPLA to. They have choosen not to honor the agreement.

Stan why do you even comment on this? You obviously know nothing about the situation.

By the way Stan i misspoke here UAALPA made the change and UAL management supported the change. Hows that for hypocrisy?

Latest resources

Back