• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To ALL UNITED pilots courtesy of ALL UAX carriers and their pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UAX there was a better way to go then to give an ultimatum.

Doesn't work in marriage/mergers/debates/or Jumpseats........

United controls all seats on all its express carriers when they fly for United. Legally. I think you might find out the hard way on this one.

We have control of the gate through our computers and agents, see the post above.

We also purchased every seat in the back long ago through fee-for-departure. You subcontract, we "own" the seats to resell. United, if it chose, could even pull pass privileges for any particular group.
It can automatically give every United pilot a positive space seat. Etc.

I'm not saying any of this will happen, just that is what we are capable of.

They don't own MY jumpseat.

On a side note all are welcome except Gojet. I have my own little war to fight

Last edited:
And yet, you won't solve the problem... Hmmm

READ THE MEC MESSAGE!

We control access to the gate, but we are talking about a software issue and what Apollo will or won't recognize. It is not an easy fix.

But here is the crux of the issue. UAX airlines want the cost advantage of using UAL computers, software, agents, and access. They want UAL to spend a lot of money to fix software which any Captain could fix at the gate by being a Captain.

More importantly, if you really believe a computer fix is required, then fix it yourselves! Buy your own terminal for every gate, buy and program your own software, and control your own access. You have every right to. You can start tomorrow.

UAX won't though, because they don't want to spend their own money, they want to spend ours.

UAX won't though, because they don't want to spend their own money, they want to spend ours.
UAL was more than willing to spend the money that has put us in the positon we are in now. If the MEC hadn't asked for (from all) and gotten super jumpseat priority (at 2) we wouldn't be here. I'm not suprise that management is tired of MEC requested changes that cost money.

UAL was more than willing to spend the money that has put us in the positon we are in now. If the MEC hadn't asked for (from all) and gotten super jumpseat priority (at 2) we wouldn't be here. I'm not suprise that management is tired of MEC requested changes that cost money.

For the last time....the MEC NEVER asked for this....read the UA MEC letter. UA pilots understand there is a problem. Just be a CAPTAIN and exercise some good judgement here. I would NEVER, EVER try to take a seat from someone on their own airline.

I am done with this whole thing. It's like talking to my 2 year old when SHE doesn't get her way. You guys have fun.

I'm out!

RV

READ THE MEC MESSAGE!

We control access to the gate, but we are talking about a software issue and what Apollo will or won't recognize. It is not an easy fix.

But here is the crux of the issue. UAX airlines want the cost advantage of using UAL computers, software, agents, and access. They want UAL to spend a lot of money to fix software which any Captain could fix at the gate by being a Captain.

More importantly, if you really believe a computer fix is required, then fix it yourselves! Buy your own terminal for every gate, buy and program your own software, and control your own access. You have every right to. You can start tomorrow.

Nice try... Most of the infrastructure was/is already in place for united airplanes. The only thing that changed was the size of the airplane at the gate. All because UAL pilots were to good to fly RJs

For the last time....the MEC NEVER asked for this....read the UA MEC letter. UA pilots understand there is a problem. Just be a CAPTAIN and exercise some good judgement here. I would NEVER, EVER try to take a seat from someone on their own airline.

I am done with this whole thing. It's like talking to my 2 year old when SHE doesn't get her way. You guys have fun.

I'm out!

RV

Your right they did not ask they STOLE it and for 2 years have been unwilling to right a wrong. Lets put this in a context you can understand your 2 year old steals something and you do nothing because your ok with that. Its good to know that you are teaching your 2 year old that stealing is ok.

Last edited:
Nice try... Most of the infrastructure was/is already in place for united airplanes. The only thing that changed was the size of the airplane at the gate. All because UAL pilots were to good to fly RJs

United guys wanted the RJ's. You however willing to do it for slave wages. Let the games begin. I got no problem denying jumpseats. UAX'rs will find out how unified we can be.

you're all balls eaglesview--- too bad no guts when it comes to your management and selling out the next generation-- and ultimately yourself.

Latest resources

Back