• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all NetJets Hopefuls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, you are missing my point. I am not arguing that at all....maybe the domicile issue does need re-evaluated. What I am arguing is the fact that someone told all new hires to park in the $8/day lot instead of the $6/day lot just to prove a point how powerful you guys are. THAT is what is comical.

Let me reverse the scenario. You call me on your last day and say there is an XL ferrying to your gateway. You ask if you can ride on that ferry. I say "no", just to prove to you how powerful we are. Doesn't make much sense bro. (In case some of you are wondering, we, well at least I, would never do that intentionallly without just cause.)

Look, I know what I am in for when I come on this board. It's like a Blood crack dealer dealing in the Crip hood. You guys see me as "management" and that is fine. The truth of the matter is that I am a blue collar worker just like you and I am trying to provide for my family (BTW, I have my first child on the way. Scared $hitless about that one.) I can't change what is going on with the company and the union. But, some of you guys, not all, treat me as though I am management and you take your frustrations out on me. I understand that I may be one of the bad guys in your eyes, but trust me, we all are working for the same goal. I just don't agree with parking at the $8/day lot when the $6/day lot is available. That's all.

You may continue with your beatings.

Yes, I have heard of the "fuzzy math" conspiracy. Look, maybe the company does hide money....who knows. Neither you nor I have any actual evidence of this happening. (Yes, we all know about the $50 quarts of oil yada yada yada.

Wow, company hacks ready for negotiations. I love it, where's bagdag bob's icoms? I can't wait. I listened to your boss throw the FM's under the bus today and then managed to piss off an entire room full of pilots in doing so. Good luck on the second floor, you'll need it.

Heck we got a payraise with a loss.........

Its all smoke and mirrors. I'm just counting down the days till we start hearing that we can't make any money again.

And this lying doesn't concern you? What makes you believe that NJA is actually making money? What if they are simply moving numbers around? Do most pilots want to bet their families future on it? Disturbing. Where's NJA wife when we need her most?

Maybe you shouldn't have voted in a b scale tool! You got what you wanted and sold out all that come behind you. Most new hires have no idea what they are getting into when they come here and most realize that this job is not worth the comute until it is to late. So deal with them until they find a new job because it was you who sold them out.

What makes you so sure I voted "yes"? And if I did, explain to me how I could sell someone out that has yet to work here. If a new hire is so clueless that they "have no idea what they are getting into when they come here", then I have even less sympathy.

You ask if you can ride on that ferry. I say "no", just to prove to you how powerful we are. Doesn't make much sense bro. (In case some of you are wondering, we, well at least I, would never do that intentionallly without just cause.)

Nope doesn't bother me a bit because the airline you're going to schedule me on is going to get in late and either go past 14hrs which I won't do or get in after midnight. Either way its a good chunk of change. :)

Mgmt is pretty clearly defined. You are just the point of contact. Like we are with our owners.

Sometimes it sucks being the messenger.

And this lying doesn't concern you? What makes you believe that NJA is actually making money? What if they are simply moving numbers around? Do most pilots want to bet their families future on it? Disturbing. Where's NJA wife when we need her most?

I don't really care. Paycheck keeps getting deposited.

The day it doesn't I know there is a problem.

Guys, you are missing my point. I am not arguing that at all....maybe the domicile issue does need re-evaluated. What I am arguing is the fact that someone told all new hires to park in the $8/day lot instead of the $6/day lot just to prove a point how powerful you guys are. THAT is what is comical.

Let me reverse the scenario. You call me on your last day and say there is an XL ferrying to your gateway. You ask if you can ride on that ferry. I say "no", just to prove to you how powerful we are. Doesn't make much sense bro. (In case some of you are wondering, we, well at least I, would never do that intentionallly without just cause.)

Look, I know what I am in for when I come on this board. It's like a Blood crack dealer dealing in the Crip hood. You guys see me as "management" and that is fine. The truth of the matter is that I am a blue collar worker just like you and I am trying to provide for my family (BTW, I have my first child on the way. Scared $hitless about that one.) I can't change what is going on with the company and the union. But, some of you guys, not all, treat me as though I am management and you take your frustrations out on me. I understand that I may be one of the bad guys in your eyes, but trust me, we all are working for the same goal. I just don't agree with parking at the $8/day lot when the $6/day lot is available. That's all.

First of all, a sincere congrats on the new baby man! You are obviously an intellegent guy, you'll be a good parent.

FWIW, I feel that the screen readers have a thankless job and for the most part are doing thier best. Kudos to you.

Having said that, you know as well as I that people in management read this. They know how the pilots feel about the domiciles (they should by attrition alone) and maybe they think they have a bargining chip for negotiations in 2009 (they don't). Opening domiciles is solely in their power. The ONLY other thing we can do, (screaming obviously doesn't work) is to hit them where it hurts. It isn't personal, it's business.

You might find it comical, I take it seriously. QOL is a huge issue.

Let me reverse the scenario. You call me on your last day and say there is an XL ferrying to your gateway. You ask if you can ride on that ferry. I say "no", just to prove to you how powerful we are.
Actually, you'd say, "hang on, let me check with scheduling." :rolleyes:

I understand that I may be one of the bad guys in your eyes...
Not at all. You're just the go-between. Things would be a LOT different if scheduling had to reduce themselves to actually talking to us directly.

I just don't agree with parking at the $8/day lot when the $6/day lot is available. That's all.
It's one of the few tools we have at our disposal to display our displeasure at the domicile system. The domiciles cost the company money relative to HBAs, and parking is one issue that adds to that cost. BTW, the only domicile with $6 and $8/day lots is CMH. Double it, add a couple bucks, and then you're talking about the daily cost of parking in places like LAX, PBI, and DAL.

Last edited:

My parking is $18.00 a day @ the terminal. Sometimes I use valet at $24.00 a day which is SWEET!

Latest resources

Back