• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all NetJets Hopefuls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
86 Newhires have already voted with their feet over the Domicile issue.

Enjoy the free type rating and no training contract!! ;)

Is that 86 since the new contract began, and how does that number compare with overall attrition?

Yes you guys barely tapped into the level of respectability for part of your pilot group. Good job, but the thread starter is complaining about new hires. There are few, if any companies besides NetJets operating with a b scale. Therefore a new hire would not understand what it is like to pay the same percentage of dues, but not be afforded the same QOL as his fellow pilots. Also most new hires who have not worked for a company like NetJets before would not understand exactly what the job is like and how hard commuting is until he actualy gets on line. After all we are the first batch of b scalers. I have warned everyone I know about the NetJets b scale and have suggested that they look elsewhere. I thank you very much for getting rid of the training contract and the free type. I will be leaving as soon as something better comes around.

I do agree with the thread starters main point and that is don't come to NetJets unless you live in one of the domiciles.

I wasn't comenting on the thread starter, only your comments mid thread.

Your bold words above are perhaps the best thing you said in this entire thread.

Also, please consider what affect management had on the final CBA document. They are the other party who negotiated the CBA and I can confiirm by 100% that the IBT never mentioned the word Domicile in ANY Section openers.

The very fact that you continue to spew pilot-hating venom on we (the pilots) who achieved all we did in CBA 2005 and yet still call us a failure indicates that you have a very simplistic, singular viewpoint; Yours.

A CBA is NEVER a perfect deal... unless you are talking about UALs CBA 2000 following their Summer of Love. And then 9/11 happened and the damned thing got abrogated. Oops.

You are angry because you accepted a job here that you thought was differnet. Perhaps you feel that you were lied to by NJA management/Pilot recruitment? I don't know.

I can tell you that ignorance on the part of any applicant regarding what a domicile IS and what it means to them is NO excuse.

Yes it sucks.

Yes it could be addressed YESTERDAY by Sr. NJA Management by adding Domiciles (without Union approval even necessary).

Yes we will have to pull together when we have the next opportunity (CBA 2010).

Yes we will succeed with Unity and Pride.

No, we will not be subsidizing a money losing Domicile basing system with any pilot earnings because it's ano cost item for the company. Crew food costs them more than the Domiciles "save" money.

The only question is: Are you going to stick around until the next round of negotiations to allow yourself the experience of Unity and Pride or will you leave early full of piss and venom for other pilots (thus letting "them" win)?

Either way the pilot group as a whole wins.

Pilto Churn

Is that 86 since the new contract began, and how does that number compare with overall attrition?

Well, in the Frationals economists like to describe the loss of Owners as a "Churn Effect".

Pilot attrition can also be thought of as Pilot Churn.

Pilot Churn used to be representative of EVERY seniority level; year 10 through year 1.

Since the contract I have seen that probably 95% of those leaving are pilots with less than 1.5 years with the company (Domicile Pilots). The other handful died, decided to retire for good, or went to NJI (they still are on the Union senioity list but show on the company attrition list becasue they keep one that isn't real... it makes them feel better.).

Valid points. However, aviation jobs are all about seniority. This is why Skybus and VA will have no problem getting pilots to fly A-320s for $65,000.

Any pilot who flies a Transport Category airplane weighing more than 140,000 lbs for $65,000 is a loon. Notice I didn't say flying as a Captain or F/O... I meant period.

Think about the guys in DAL that may never get an upgrade because the company wants all new captains in CMH.
That is not the way the LOA works. Upgrading will never force you to move. The bids are 2 part-
1) a vacant position (captain, fo)
2) a vacant domicile - open only to pilots already in the position

Infact most admit it was a huge mistake to vote in an issue that will divide the pilot group.
When the TA came out, the general feeling was that the domicile issue sucked, but that it couldn't last because the company could not possibly meet its hiring goals with only those 5 domiciles. We were wrong, and we were wrong because of people like you. You did not do your research and understand what you were getting into.

Case in point:
Think about the guys in DAL that may never get an upgrade because the company wants all new captains in CMH.
You are wrong. You might want to read and understand the CBA and associated LOAs before continuing to complain.

Anyone have any ideas as to the grand scheme behind domiciles? Would it actually work if a majority of the pilots were domiciled? Being able to pick up and drop off a plane at a domicile would save a lot of airlining, but it would dramatically increase positioning flights to/from the domiciles. Just think about how much more productive you could be on your first and last days (I'm sure you'd prefer not to think that way).

I think domiciles will work once there are domiciled captains. Of course if PICs continue bidding PIC positions in the same class, the domiciled FOs may never turn into domiciled captains.

Last edited:
Of course if PICs continue bidding PIC positions in the same class, the domiciled FOs may never turn into domiciled captains.

I'm not sure I understand this statement. If a class I PIC bids into another plane in class I, doesn't that leave an opening in his current position for someone to upgrade into?

I'm not sure I understand this statement. If a class I PIC bids into another plane in class I, doesn't that leave an opening in his current position for someone to upgrade into?

In theory, you are correct. But NJs has a captain/FO ratio of about 65/35. When a captain bids another plane, the need for a replacement captain is not there. When the captain bids come out, this is going to be current captains getting a new type rating, or an FO upgrading to captain. The way it has been going, is the captains are getting additional type ratings, and the FOs are remaining FOs.

Latest resources

Back