To all NetJets Hopefuls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cavpilot

Be aware that there is a domicile system in place at NetJets for all new-hire pilots. If you do not live near LAX, DAL, CMH, TEB or PBI you WILL have to commute. If you don't want to commute then DON'T COME TO NETJETS! The earliest that you will ever see home base privileges is when the next contract is ratified.

I am sick and tired of new guys bitching about how it sucks so bad for them because they have to commute, or hearing about letter writing campaigns to Mr. Santulli, or Derinda told me I would have home base privileges in a year, or(my personal favorite) "the company wanted to give HBAs to everyone but the union said no."

If you want to come to NetJets and be part of our team, great! We welcome you. But don't come here and bitch about your commute. It is allready starting to get old. For those of you that are allready here and whine more that a National Guard Blackhawk pilot in the field, shut up or find a job closer to home. The rest of us no longer have sympathy for you.

Be aware that there is a domicile system in place at NetJets for all new-hire pilots. If you do not live near LAX, DAL, CMH, TEB or PBI you WILL have to commute. If you don't want to commute then DON'T COME TO NETJETS! The earliest that you will ever see home base privileges is when the next contract is ratified.

I am sick and tired of new guys bitching about how it sucks so bad for them because they have to commute, or hearing about letter writing campaigns to Mr. Santulli, or Derinda told me I would have home base privileges in a year, or(my personal favorite) "the company wanted to give HBAs to everyone but the union said no."

If you want to come to NetJets and be part of our team, great! We welcome you. But don't come here and bitch about your commute. It is allready starting to get old. For those of you that are allready here and whine more that a National Guard Blackhawk pilot in the field, shut up or find a job closer to home. The rest of us no longer have sympathy for you.

start drinking a little early today?

or(my personal favorite) "the company wanted to give HBAs to everyone but the union said no."

Well, in a way, the union did say no. What if the company said no HBAs to anyone, no matter how long they have been on property? So much for the meaning of union. Sounds like the honeymoon may be coming to an end for many in the union.

Nope you're wrong jonjuan. The union has allways been upfront and honest about what the deal was. If the company said no HBA's for anyone they would be violating OUR CONTRACT and there would be heck to pay.

The company and the union are living up to their ends of the bargains. The company can open HBA's today if they want but they don't want and too many new hires think that the company will all of a sudden develop a soft spot for them. Nope isn't going to happen.

Don't plan on HBA's opening up till next contract or you reach the magic percentage. Past that everything else is a pipe dream.

Remember "IF IT AIN'T WRITTEN IT DON'T EXIST"

In Addition!!

If you are coming to NetJets, ask yourself how long you are willing to work for FO pay.

Even if this company gets to the often stated target of 5,000 pilots, any pilot with a seniority number after about 3000 will only get to captain via attrition, not growth. And attrition at NetJets will not be as high as at the majors since we don't have to bug out at 60.

You will top out as an FO here at around the mid/upper 40's. Are you willing to work for 40's for many years to come? The majors will pay FO's much better over time.

With all the bitching now about domiciles, just wait! Pay will be a bigger issue by far when folks coming in towards the end of this year realize just how long they will be working for low FO wages.

Food for thought :(

How many are on the list now?

If you are coming to NetJets, ask yourself how long you are willing to work for FO pay.

Even if this company gets to the often stated target of 5,000 pilots, any pilot with a seniority number after about 3000 will only get to captain via attrition, not growth. And attrition at NetJets will not be as high as at the majors since we don't have to bug out at 60.

You will top out as an FO here at around the mid/upper 40's. Are you willing to work for 40's for many years to come? The majors will pay FO's much better over time.

With all the bitching now about domiciles, just wait! Pay will be a bigger issue by far when folks coming in towards the end of this year realize just how long they will be working for low FO wages.

you are right, but after year 5 on classes 1-3 you gain cola each year wich is only 2.5.% right now. class 4 and 5 pay scales are different, you don't start cola until year 10 on those pay scales.

you're right though, you better be ready to live on the FO payscale for the long term.

How many are on the list now?

I think we are up to 2800+/-.

Another thing for the Domicile pilots, park in the most expensive parking lot. The company has to reimburse you for this, and the contract doesnt say it has to be a cheap parking lot. Maybe, just maybe, they will want to talk about HBAs if everyone has expensive parking bills.

Another thing for the Domicile pilots, park in the most expensive parking lot. The company has to reimburse you for this, and the contract doesnt say it has to be a cheap parking lot. Maybe, just maybe, they will want to talk about HBAs if everyone has expensive parking bills.

Real smart! :confused:

I'll paraphrase RTS...."Do you want to go to the next contract negotiations with 150 Million/year in profit or 10 Million? The choice is yours."

Heck we got a payraise with a loss.........

Its all smoke and mirrors. I'm just counting down the days till we start hearing that we can't make any money again.

Latest resources

Back