• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all NetJets Hopefuls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be aware that there is a domicile system in place at NetJets for all new-hire pilots. If you do not live near LAX, DAL, CMH, TEB or PBI you WILL have to commute. If you don't want to commute then DON'T COME TO NETJETS! The earliest that you will ever see home base privileges is when the next contract is ratified.

I am sick and tired of new guys bitching about how it sucks so bad for them because they have to commute, or hearing about letter writing campaigns to Mr. Santulli, or Derinda told me I would have home base privileges in a year, or(my personal favorite) "the company wanted to give HBAs to everyone but the union said no."

If you want to come to NetJets and be part of our team, great! We welcome you. But don't come here and bitch about your commute. It is allready starting to get old. For those of you that are allready here and whine more that a National Guard Blackhawk pilot in the field, shut up or find a job closer to home. The rest of us no longer have sympathy for you.

Maybe you shouldn't have voted in a b scale tool! You got what you wanted and sold out all that come behind you. Most new hires have no idea what they are getting into when they come here and most realize that this job is not worth the comute until it is to late. So deal with them until they find a new job because it was you who sold them out.

Real smart! :confused:

I'll paraphrase RTS...."Do you want to go to the next contract negotiations with 150 Million/year in profit or 10 Million? The choice is yours."

Haven't you heard of fuzzy math? It doesn't matter what kind of waste is going on; the company will always lose money during negotiations.

Smart huh?

Yes, I have heard of the "fuzzy math" conspiracy. Look, maybe the company does hide money....who knows. Neither you nor I have any actual evidence of this happening. (Yes, we all know about the $50 quarts of oil yada yada yada.)

But comon man, Company/Union political matters aside....do you really think it is smart to tell someone to spend all the money they want to just because there is nothing in the FOM/Contract to dictate that? Just doesn't make to much sense to me bro.:pimp:

Everyone who agrees to come to NJA now is voting "YES" on the CBA by accepting the job, just like the majority pilots on property did, so no one sold anyone out. As long as the "YES" votes keep showing up there will be no changes in the basing system, at least not until the next CBA.

Maybe you shouldn't have voted in a b scale tool! You got what you wanted and sold out all that come behind you. Most new hires have no idea what they are getting into when they come here and most realize that this job is not worth the comute until it is to late. So deal with them until they find a new job because it was you who sold them out.

Enjoy the free type rating and no training contract.

Yes, I have heard of the "fuzzy math" conspiracy. Look, maybe the company does hide money....who knows. Neither you nor I have any actual evidence of this happening. (Yes, we all know about the $50 quarts of oil yada yada yada.)

But comon man, Company/Union political matters aside....do you really think it is smart to tell someone to spend all the money they want to just because there is nothing in the FOM/Contract to dictate that? Just doesn't make to much sense to me bro.:pimp:

You obviously do not understand how to play hardball. Hit them where it hurts. I am sure the company pi$$es away more money on executives than they do on paying for some parking at airports. If they do not set guides lines then you are free to pay/charge what you want.

Makes perfect sense to me bro. ;)

Real smart! :confused:

I'll paraphrase RTS...."Do you want to go to the next contract negotiations with 150 Million/year in profit or 10 Million? The choice is yours."

Its the companies choice. If the parking amounts get out of hand, maybe they will relax the Domicile issue. The ball is in their court. I am guessing that all pilots above the 2000 seniority are Domiciled. That means the company is paying parking for about 800 pilots. Mine alone is $230/month (x 800 pilots=$184,000 per month). Maybe this alone will relax the domicile issue. If not, THEY are the ones wasting money, not me.

I guess someone missed the thread about the 143 million profit NJ made last year. Not thinking paying for parking is going to bankrupt the company to soon.

Yall are comical.

Not comical. Dead serious.

13.2(c) Domestic Domicile Openings and Closings
The Company may open new Domiciles at its discretion, however, a Crewmember
assigned to, or who has designated a Domicile, cannot be involuntarily assigned to a
different or new Domicile, except as may be provided elsewhere in this Agreement. The
Company agrees to provide 90 days written notice of new Domicile openings to the
Union and all crewmembers. The notice to the crewmembers may be sent via the
Company-issued communications devices.

The company can decide to save tens of thousands (if not hundereds of thousands) of dollars RIGHT NOW by sending out a 90 day notice. Do you have ANY idea how much money NJA pisses away on these stupid domiciles? I wish I had a number...

Kind of makes parking costs seem like a drop of water in the ocean don't it???

Latest resources

Back