To all NetJets Hopefuls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Real smart! :confused:

I'll paraphrase RTS...."Do you want to go to the next contract negotiations with 150 Million/year in profit or 10 Million? The choice is yours."

What Diesel said AND just because the company makes a profit (and it always has/does... see smoke, mirrors and lies) why do you think they will want to share it with us... at all?

Maybe you shouldn't have voted in a b scale tool! You got what you wanted and sold out all that come behind you. Most new hires have no idea what they are getting into when they come here and most realize that this job is not worth the comute until it is to late. So deal with them until they find a new job because it was you who sold them out.

Oh well, another narrow sighted pessimist. You'd throw Miss Nevada away because she has a pimple on her right butt cheek wouldn't ya?

It's ok. I'll take her.

For the record...

The IBT 1108 represented pilots voted Yes for the following:

Voted in a B-Scale Domicile/HBA system. Yes.

Voted in significant pay increases. Yes.

Voted in STD and LTD. Yes.

Voted in 100% company paid benefits. Yes.

Voted in 50% matched 401k. Yes.

Voted in 7n7 for all who wanted it. Yes.

Voted in the ability for NJA pilots to fly at NJI. Yes.

Voted in good scope protections. Yes.

Voted in several safety programs and initiatives. Yes.

All while organizing our own Local within the IBT (not easy), making it through trusteeship within IBT (harder) and mounting an information campaign that took our message to 15 locations carried by pilots, trucks and airplanes.

Maybe a little less bull is warranted coming from the cock.

the original post said that newhires are complaining about the domicile thing and he is tired of hearing about it. maybe he needs to realize that the new hires are tired of hearing how bad everything used to be at net jets. i hear it from them as they ride on my airplane. most of the "senior" pilots probably came to work there because they couldn't get hired anywhere else and on top of that they had to pay for their jobs as well.

most of these guys will say how it was their responsibility that net jets is supposedly such a good place to work. however, it was such a bad place before and they made it no better by buying their jobs which in turn hurt many other pilots and helped to keep wages low.

i hear it from them as they ride on my airplane. most of the "senior" pilots probably came to work there because they couldn't get hired anywhere else and on top of that they had to pay for their jobs as well.

you mean like fedex?

Oh by the way i didn't have to pay for my job. :) Cheerio

Not to sound like I've been dippin' in the Kool Aid, but I have to say that I'd put my "stuff" at NJA up against any regional and many LCC and majors right now. Especially the health, retirement and points. That said, it came only from a long hard fight by 1108, and remember that this last contract was the "big" fight, and next time around we can take care of smaller things.
Things can get better (and they will if our pilot group remains united), but I am quite happy here. After 3 airlines, I aint going back.
Now let me get back to bitchin' about my 0400 show....

Oh well, another narrow sighted pessimist. You'd throw Miss Nevada away because she has a pimple on her right butt cheek wouldn't ya?

It's ok. I'll take her.

For the record...

The IBT 1108 represented pilots voted Yes for the following:

Voted in a B-Scale Domicile/HBA system. Yes.

Voted in significant pay increases. Yes.

Voted in STD and LTD. Yes.

Voted in 100% company paid benefits. Yes.

Voted in 50% matched 401k. Yes.

Voted in 7n7 for all who wanted it. Yes.

Voted in the ability for NJA pilots to fly at NJI. Yes.

Voted in good scope protections. Yes.

Voted in several safety programs and initiatives. Yes.

All while organizing our own Local within the IBT (not easy), making it through trusteeship within IBT (harder) and mounting an information campaign that took our message to 15 locations carried by pilots, trucks and airplanes.

Maybe a little less bull is warranted coming from the cock.

Yes you guys barely tapped into the level of respectability for part of your pilot group. Good job, but the thread starter is complaining about new hires. There are few, if any companies besides NetJets operating with a b scale. Therefore a new hire would not understand what it is like to pay the same percentage of dues, but not be afforded the same QOL as his fellow pilots. Also most new hires who have not worked for a company like NetJets before would not understand exactly what the job is like and how hard commuting is until he actualy gets on line. After all we are the first batch of b scalers. I have warned everyone I know about the NetJets b scale and have suggested that they look elsewhere. I thank you very much for getting rid of the training contract and the free type. I will be leaving as soon as something better comes around.

I do agree with the thread starters main point and that is don't come to NetJets unless you live in one of the domiciles.

For the newhires that are complaining about the domiciles.....why did you take the job if you knew ahead of time what the story was? I don't care who told you that you could have HBA in a year, if it is not in the contract, it is not going to happen. Maybe it will change in the next contract. Maybe you should have gotten hired sooner. It stinks that newhires are limited in the domiciles, but if you had any other job such as a teacher, doctor, or carpet cleaner, you would not accept employment in Dallas and live Rochester, NY. You would either move to Dallas or find another job in your area.

I think it is crazy that newhires take the job hoping/planning that the HBA system will change before the next contract. What if someone said, "I took the job hoping/planning that the payscales would increase by 15% all on their own before the contract is up."

If you don't like the terms of the agreement, don't accept. It is purely that simple, folks.

As far as the B scale talk, you guys must be pretty inexperienced in aviation. It wasn't too many years ago that every single major had b scales and the almighty ALPA saw nothing wrong with them.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back