• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all NetJets Hopefuls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The benefits here are great, the people are great, the equipment is great, and the flying will be great. Do I like the domicile system? No, but I knew what I was getting into. Do I hope it will change? Yes. Will I jump in and help the union continue to make things better? Yes. After listening to my classmates horror stories of the 121 world, I feel like I chose wisely. Thank you IBT 1108.

And keep up the cheerleading effort NJW.

My 2 cents,

Good lord-what did you fly in the Navy, the Sabreliner? The equipment is great?-the Ultra with no TCAS, the Beechjet, LOL, the runway hating, boot winged Galaxy? "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

When the TA came out, the general feeling was that the domicile issue sucked, but that it couldn't last because the company could not possibly meet its hiring goals with only those 5 domiciles. We were wrong, and we were wrong because of people like you. You did not do your research and understand what you were getting into.

HUH? So what did the current NJA pilots think of post TA new hires? Are they mini-scabs? Why didn't you simply make the first year F/O pay $20K a year? "We were wrong, and we were wrong because of people like you?" Who the Fuc& do you think you are? I dare you to say this to a newhire who complains about HBA during a long overnight. If he's worth a sh1t, you'll be calling in sick because you have to see a dentist during an emergency visit.

HUH? So what did the current NJA pilots think of post TA new hires? Are they mini-scabs? Why didn't you simply make the first year F/O pay $20K a year? "We were wrong, and we were wrong because of people like you?" Who the Fuc& do you think you are? I dare you to say this to a newhire who complains about HBA during a long overnight. If he's worth a sh1t, you'll be calling in sick because you have to see a dentist during an emergency visit.

Honestly, I didn't think we would get as many guys as we did. I would have bet money that the company would have opened up additional domiciles due to lack of applicants. Guess I was wrong.

In no way are they close to scabs. We voted yes on the contract by marking next to an "x". They voted yes by accepting employment. In my mind, there is no difference.

Anyone have any ideas as to the grand scheme behind domiciles? Would it actually work if a majority of the pilots were domiciled? Being able to pick up and drop off a plane at a domicile would save a lot of airlining, but it would dramatically increase positioning flights to/from the domiciles. Just think about how much more productive you could be on your first and last days (I'm sure you'd prefer not to think that way).

I think domiciles will work once there are domiciled captains. Of course if PICs continue bidding PIC positions in the same class, the domiciled FOs may never turn into domiciled captains.

I don't think it would work at all. Our schedule is so dynamic that it simply is not a practical model. Keep in mind that there are alot of captains that live in these domiciles. Ask them how much they use an airline.

HUH? So what did the current NJA pilots think of post TA new hires? Are they mini-scabs? Why didn't you simply make the first year F/O pay $20K a year? "We were wrong, and we were wrong because of people like you?" Who the Fuc& do you think you are?
You are a flame-baiting idiot. If you are a new-hire, which I doubt - you seem to enjoy flame-baiting the NJA threads (did you interview and not get hired, or were you never granted an interview?) - you were wrong to accept employment here knowing you'd have an unacceptable commute. We were wrong to expect you'd be smart enough to see the problem with that and not accept the job in the first place.

If (again, a big IF) you are a new-hire here, you voted YES on this contract just as surely as I did. Deal with it and quit'cher bitchin'.

I dare you to say this to a newhire who complains about HBA during a long overnight. If he's worth a sh1t, you'll be calling in sick because you have to see a dentist during an emergency visit.
If you are a new-hire here :)rolleyes:) I'd be happy to say it to your face, and doubt you'd be man enough to have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Good lord-what did you fly in the Navy, the Sabreliner? The equipment is great?-the Ultra with no TCAS, the Beechjet, LOL, the runway hating, boot winged Galaxy? "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

You can see what I flew in the Navy on my profile. The best aircraft on that list was the C-26, and it was the only one that had TCAS. Quite frankly the only two airplanes the Navy has that are anything close to state of the art are the C-40 (737) and the C-37 (GV/550). Even the Hornet E/F has fairly dated avionics. CNATRA is just now getting an avionics upgrade to the T-44, but they are coming slow and it is still at heart a T-44/BE90.

I'm in the U Boat at NJA, and yes it has some things to be desired (no APU, no TCAS), but I think it is a nice little airplane. The Barbiejet has some issues and I don't have that checked on my standing bid. All the rest of the equipment at NJA is better; so for me its better then I've been flying and it can only get better from here.

And thank you Sir for a job that has some stability, predictable schedule (who cares about the unpredictability while on duty), excellent benefits, and great flying.

Its all about your prespective.

My 2c,

Last edited:
To add to skiandsuft, the need to back fill captains leaving a fleet is only present if the fleet is still growing and the fleet is not overstaffed. When a pilot leaves Encore PIC for Excel PIC, there is no need to find a new Encore PIC as the Encore is currently overstaffed. When a X PIC goes to the Sov, there is no need to backfill, the X is a stagnant fleet.

I don't think it would work at all. Our schedule is so dynamic that it simply is not a practical model. Keep in mind that there are alot of captains that live in these domiciles. Ask them how much they use an airline.
They use an airline because no plane is at their domicile waiting for them. They must spend 1/2 the day airlining TO the plane. Then they position to their first revenue leg, or 70% of the time they just position to get ready for a trip the next day.
With all the pilots on 7/7, they end one day, then a new 7/7 crew starts the next. I'm thinking the company intended for a crew to ferry back to their domicile late Tuesday, and the new crew jumps in the plane first thing Wednesday. The new crew has a plane and a full day of duty! No only that, but do all the domiciles have Mx facilities? If so, that is very convenient.

I'm sure the company had something in mind when they pushed for domiciles. I guaranty they did not sit there and say "lets make domiciles to piss off future new hires".

To add to skiandsuft, the need to back fill captains leaving a fleet is only present if the fleet is still growing and the fleet is not overstaffed. When a pilot leaves Encore PIC for Excel PIC, there is no need to find a new Encore PIC as the Encore is currently overstaffed. When a X PIC goes to the Sov, there is no need to backfill, the X is a stagnant fleet.

What's your source for your statement that NJA is overstaffed in the Encore and the other fleets? I've only seen a 2-captain crew on the Encore once since the fleet split last summer and there have been a few upgrade awards since then. Supposedly part of the reason that there hasn't been even more upgrade activity in most fleets is that there is a lack of sim time due to new-hires and recurrent needs.

Then if the company had plans for the domiciles why didn't they enact them before the contract. We were all out of places like LAX PBI and TEB. Did the company start brining all the planes in and out of mx to those places? Nope they never did, there was nothing in the contract holding them back from doing it. Besides we were all based out of those airports.

MX bases was Big Boistures idea. It never got off the ground and the company has no interest in changing the way it does things. I think mx bases would be good. Plane comes in gets tuned up overnight and back out in the morning. Versus us flying them till the wheels fall off and then it sees a mechanic.

A little preventive mx goes a long way.

Latest resources

Back