Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Three questions about the Q-400 trim and deice system.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This Michael Crook guy is despicable to say the least. He claims to be an ordain minister. It's just a game to him and he apparently gets off upsetting and pissing others off. Everyone needs to stay away from his site. This is the only way he gets attention and he thrives on it. He probably lives in his parents basement.

THIS IS THE CRAP I AM TRYING TO STOP!

I promise this will seriously piss you off. It is similar to what the at idiot with the blog wrote but this time it is on Mainstream MSNBC.

Click with caution as you will want to throw the monitor through the wall.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29244493/

Now would some of you PLEASE step up and give me info on the common squawks of the Q400 that could be related to this in some way? Please, before it gets worse!

THIS IS THE CRAP I AM TRYING TO STOP!

I promise this will seriously piss you off. It is similar to what the at idiot with the blog wrote but this time it is on Mainstream MSNBC.

Click with caution as you will want to throw the monitor through the wall.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29244493/

Now would some of you PLEASE step up and give me info on the common squawks of the Q400 that could be related to this in some way? Please, before it gets worse!

I am stuipd,I guess... What parts you didn't like?

I am stuipd,I guess... What parts you didn't like?

Ummmmm I don't know how about the first three paragraphs making it look like they violated the rules by flying with autopilot. The general public will take "guidelines" as a regulation and say they violated them by flying with autopilot on in icing.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Actually it sounded like a fairly balanced article based on the available knowledge at this time.

Perhaps it is time to unwind your panties and move on?

:rolleyes:

Actually it sounded like a fairly balanced article based on the available knowledge at this time.

Perhaps it is time to unwind your panties and move on?

I don't know. Maybe I overreacted to it. I am sick as hell with the flu. Most people won't read past the first 5 paragraphs of an article like that.

Maybe it was a split flap condition, and the ice had nothing to do with it. It was dark and they were I think only 1500 agl. Little time for recovery from an upset.

Maybe it was a split flap condition, and the ice had nothing to do with it. It was dark and they were I think only 1500 agl. Little time for recovery from an upset.

I thought of that but wouldn't the ntsb know that by now? My other thought was one engine involuntarily going into Beta. Then I thought the NTSB would know that already. Also neither explains the straight pitch up that happened. It should have rolled first I would think. I have read about two accidents in the Q400 where the engine went into Beta on its own. But I doubt that is the case here. Maybe the Q400 drivers can shed some light on this.

To me though it seems that the flaps coming down did something to the airflow to create a downward force on the horizontal stabilizer that was most likely full of ice for some reason. I say some reason cause the deice system must have been jacked.

The plane was also going very slow and should not have been that slow from what a few Q400 drivers have told me in private (yes people are trying to help me help the crew). So I wonder how much ice could have built up on the flaps or gears to add just enough weight to stall it. At that low airspeed it wouldn't take much more extra weight.

As many will now say to this..we shouldn't speculate and it will be in the NTSB report. Yea, we know...in a year!

Latest resources

Back