Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 2k:

If you want a raise go out and get it

OK, you may have a point there. How about we make a stand to get a raise and if it doesn't work out, then go out and get a raise?

Some have been furloughed one too many times. Some just want to put down roots and not be an aviation nomad.

Gulfstream 200 said:
Only the ignorant blame thier employer for paying them poorly. If you want a raise go out and get it. You guys cant be ignorant enough to think anyone is going to DOUBLE your salary? stop listening to your stupid union and go get PAID..... (elsewhere)

:confused: .
I'm not "blaming" my employer. I am pointing out to the company stooges why the latest offer from the company is inadequate.

The biggest drawback to our current contract is Section 27 - Wages. It was inadequate in 1998, and did not make any allowances for COLA increases, so it's doubly inadequate today. I came here knowing what the pay was. Overall, it's about the same (a little less, but not appreciably) as what I was making at my former job, with more upside potential.

I came here for that potential. I am working to make the potential a reality. Is that ignorant?

Being in a union shop, we don't have the ability to go kiss ass and ask for a raise. We have to negotiate for them. So by your logic if we are dissatisfied with the current pay we should just keep the contract we have and suck it up, or go find work elsewhere? I guess you have never asked for a raise, right? Because you got hired at a certain pay rate, and if it became inadequate for your needs and skills, you left and found a better-paying job, right? Because you aren't ignorant like the rest of us? :rolleyes:

pathetic.

Trying to make it better? maybe not taking the job for loser wages in the first place would have been the right start? huh? thats the shady past every Netjet pilot wants to forget about.....and its the nail in your coffin.

Now all of a sudden you are worth 3X the amount you agreed to a few years ago? no wonder your management keeps handing you guys your asses and you are the laughing stock of the industry.

Union shop...negotiating instead of kissing ass? who is kissing ass? If my employer does not keep me happy with dough I prove my worth, expect what I need and, if not happy.....move elsewhere that would suit me..free marketplace... and you? Hows that "negotiating" working for you?

All you morons do is come on here and argue with a couple of dispatchers and make threats to "Shut the F'er down".

What a joke.

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
pathetic.

Trying to make it better? maybe not taking the job for loser wages in the first place would have been the right start? huh? thats the shady past every Netjet pilot wants to forget about.....and its the nail in your coffin.

Now all of a sudden you are worth 3X the amount you agreed to a few years ago? no wonder your management keeps handing you guys your asses and you are the laughing stock of the industry.

Union shop...negotiating instead of kissing ass? who is kissing ass? If my employer does not keep me happy with dough I prove my worth, expect what I need and, if not happy.....move elsewhere that would suit me..free marketplace... and you? Hows that "negotiating" working for you?

All you morons do is come on here and argue with a couple of dispatchers and make threats to "Shut the F'er down".

What a joke.

Dude, you need to chill out. I am tired of your ranting - what do you have in this fight? For years I have been reading your posts - 98% are condescending and your holier-than-thou attitude is getting tiresome. You add very little value - you just shoot others down. Boy, you're so cool!

At the end of the day, this is a forum people use to educate themselves, communicate with others and to vent their frustrations. Viewing this forum is voluntary - don't feel compelled to participate. Most people agree that the NJA guys are getting the royal $haft - so, let them vent. If you don't like the commentary, go back to the corporate board and show us all how important you think you are....

Hey guys, I was in your boat just a few short months ago. My frustrations were causing me sleepless nights, problems at home, and small bouts of depression.

But you know what, I fixed it, and now I'm happier then ever! How did I do it? I left Netjets and never looked back.

Forget about Nutjets ever being the company you thought it was promised to be. It's over. It's a time-building company no better than a commuter. Forget all the promises that Shamtulli or the MEC has told you. YOU are master of your domain, so do something about it! Leave!

I know the job market sucks right now. If you're over the age of 45, its really tough to get hired by an airline, so carry a stack of resumes with you and give them out to every pilot you meet at an FBO and get a corporate job - so what if you'll have to relocate, get over it, people do it all the time. If you're under 45, you're an idiot if you don't have a B-737 type and a CURRENT application at Continental, Jblue, UPS, FedEx, and SWA.

Netjets sucks, it will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER pay a descent salary, so STOP hoping and do something about it already!

Last edited:
Nope, nope, nope. Sorry, you must have missed the thread where we said we're going to begin to raise our standards. One of the things that we're doing here is disagreeing without being disagreeable. Calling somebody a name that might otherwise get your nose broken if not for being in cyberspacial anonymity would classify as such.

Too bad. Your post was otherwise well put.

So here ya go. See you in three days.

UAL78

Gulfstream 200 said:
pathetic.

What a joke.
I have never said "STFD."

I have never said I should be paid 3x my current pay.

I have said that we should be paid a fair salary for the work we do, and that the POSTA and the last offer by the company do not measure up.

When company men come on here and tell me that the company has offered the best they can and that it's fair, I provide evidence to the contrary.

When xxxxxxx like you come here and tell me I'm a moron for trying to improve the pay at an otherwise pretty good job, it just shows your own ignorance.

Apparently you have a problem with reading comprehension:
maybe not taking the job for loser wages in the first place would have been the right start? huh? thats the shady past every Netjet pilot wants to forget about.....and its the nail in your coffin.
Ultra Grump said:
I came here knowing what the pay was. Overall, it's about the same (a little less, but not appreciably) as what I was making at my former job, with more upside potential. I came here for that potential. I am working to make the potential a reality.
Yep, trying hard to forget it. :rolleyes:

Crawl back over to the corporate board. Why do you care what we make or how we go about improving our contract? How exactly does it affect you? I'll tell you one way it might - when we finally take your God's-Gift-to-Aviation advice to move on, and start taking up whatever corporate job openings there are, there'll be a whole lot fewer chances for you to move on yourself. As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for - you just might get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gulfstream 200 said:
pathetic.

What a joke.

Man are you dense. Grump explained it to you and you still don't get it.

Oh and one more thing TWO THOUSAND clubber. Get a life.

Sorry certain words, even though spelled creatively are not allowed here. Too bad, the word was used for effect and not for content too... didn't need it to make your point.

Take three days off to cool down and re-think your participation style. Feel free to report other posters who engage in the same tactics which got you banned.

UAL78

squonk said:
Man are you dense. Grump explained it to you and you still don't get it.

Oh and one more thing TWO THOUSAND clubber. Get a life.

let me guess....you are another 32K/yr netjets pilot?

take corporate jobs? xxxxxxxx...you fools have branded yourselves the chumps of the trade. Not too many places will touch you or you would have left a LONG time ago.....hell even the lower end 135 outfits (who still outpay you badly) wont touch you because you consider them SCABS right? remember that? oh you are so organized.....

whatever.

good luck with the contract boys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back