Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfpack, remember where you were before your almighty Gulfstream? You were a little FO pulling gear in (gasp) an RJ. But you weren't one of those unprofessional types, right? Remind me again why you left Comair? And don't give me the line about actually wanting to fly for NJI.

While this guy seems to have a chip on his shoulder, let's not dismiss what he is saying.

If you can't climb, you have to let ATC know. If both your engines flame out, you have to let ATC know, and not pretend you're going to fix it before anyone notices.

Some of us seem reluctant to admit to a potential problem until its too late.

Few weeks ago on Midway approach.

Chicago: Southwest XXX you have flown through your localizer.
SWA: Roger sir
Chicago: SWA XXX do you know what it means to intercept a localizer? Do you have an instrument rating?
SWA: Sorry a little bit of tailwind up here
Chicago: No matter SWA all of the people behind you are your company anyways, you let me know what you want to do and when you decide I will let your company come out of their hold.

Few weeks ago on Midway approach.

Chicago: Southwest XXX you have flown through your localizer.
SWA: Roger sir
Chicago: SWA XXX do you know what it means to intercept a localizer? Do you have an instrument rating?
SWA: Sorry a little bit of tailwind up here
Chicago: No matter SWA all of the people behind you are your company anyways, you let me know what you want to do and when you decide I will let your company come out of their hold.

Cav, that's awesome! Pretty good post, too!

I just kept laughing, maybe he was not a professional. My point being that everyone makes mistakes.
No one has ever talked down to me for being an RJ driver. So I am not sure the point of this thread.

I remember a time when a USairways mainline aircraft could not read back or comply with a taxi instruction correctly. the Ground controller finally asked if "Do you need No gyro vectors to your parking spot?!!!"

I think mistakes happen at all levels

This past Tuesday (20th) at around 9:45 EST, I was in route from PHOG to KTPA. Somewhere close to Houston as I was entering the Gulf I heard the following conversation and just shook my head.

ATC: Express Jet 123 (don’t remember the flight #) are you still climbing to FL260?

A/C: Roger that Houston, we picked up a little ice and had to slow the rate of climb.

ATC: I understand Express Jet, but I have other traffic near you. If you’re going to stop climbing I need you to advise of me of such next time.

A/C: Uh, we’re still showing…. Uh 800 FPM…

ATC: Well Express Jet I have a time recorded radar system which feeds off your Mode C transponder code, it’s telling me you’ve been level at FL 20100 for 3 minutes and 14 seconds. Contact Houston Center on 121.85 and let them know your intentions.

Busted! I constantly hear RJ pilots crying and moaning for respect from their peers, yet it’s this type of incident which clearly shows the lack of professional demeanor many of these pilots project. You can’t have it both ways.

that story sounds made up. If its not then the guy missed an altitude change from FL200 - FL260 and tryed to BS his way out of it. So its an altitude bust, I guess the corporate community is immune to those. You're a know it all tool. Aviation is filled with ******************************s like yourself that witness some stupid miscalculation and can't wait to get home to post it on flight info. Its the guys that think they are smarter and superior to everyone else that botch the most stuff up in the cockpit.

lol flightinfo censors words automatically. thats crazy. but your still a ******************************

By the way didn't some GV or IV guys CFIT one in aspen a few years back. I guess everyone F's up at some point.

NO respect?!?!

Today's RJ pilot is tomorrow's mainline/corporate/frac pilot.

So whacha sayin'?

Surely you don't mean to generalize beyond this one individuals poor radio skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back