• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
This past Tuesday (20th) at around 9:45 EST, I was in route from PHOG to KTPA. Somewhere close to Houston as I was entering the Gulf I heard the following conversation and just shook my head.

ATC: Express Jet 123 (don’t remember the flight #) are you still climbing to FL260?

A/C: Roger that Houston, we picked up a little ice and had to slow the rate of climb.

ATC: I understand Express Jet, but I have other traffic near you. If you’re going to stop climbing I need you to advise of me of such next time.

A/C: Uh, we’re still showing…. Uh 800 FPM…

ATC: Well Express Jet I have a time recorded radar system which feeds off your Mode C transponder code, it’s telling me you’ve been level at FL 20100 for 3 minutes and 14 seconds. Contact Houston Center on 121.85 and let them know your intentions.

Busted! I constantly hear RJ pilots crying and moaning for respect from their peers, yet it’s this type of incident which clearly shows the lack of professional demeanor many of these pilots project. You can’t have it both ways.

Ya and I could quote some f-up made by mainline........ Whats your point? We all screw up, Ill be the first to admit it.

And I hear a UAL 737 on the ramp, calls rampers on a completely different gate "morons" because he was new and having a tough time pushing a plane back. Professional? I don't think so, so why is it just RJ drivers? That doesn't happen to anyone else? No one else is unprofessional? Busted? Geezzz

Last edited:
I'd have trouble climbing past FL20100 if I had ice too!

All kidding aside, when you're hiring pilots that have never spent good solid time in the IFR system before their first airline job, you can't expect them to have the foggiest clue about how to talk to ATC. At my regional, I am downright embarassed by some of the crap I hear on the radio from pilots with our callsign. Not intentionally, just from a complete lack of knowledge, experience, and maturity.

When hired, many of these pilots don't know anything more about communicating with ATC than what is required to go to a Class D field to do touch and goes.... and it shows. It reflects a lot more on the airline than the pilot. The next time you're on the radio and you sound like an idiot, try to remember that you're representing everyone that carries your callsign to ATC, to your coworkers, to other airlines, and just about anyone else who wants to listen in. If you don't know how to do it any better, don't guess, don't make stuff up, don't try to BS a controller, don't copy what other equally uneducated peers of you say... go out and read a copy of the AIM / Pilot-Controller Glossary.

hey, dumbass!! nice try, if your thinking about expressjet airlines, maybe you would know that their call sign in JETLINK!!! not ezpressjet. You could be thinking about EXPRESSNET!! which isnt a 121 operation. Next time u make up a story, get facts right.... like atleast get the right callsign..hahah
This past Tuesday (20th) at around 9:45 EST, I was in route from PHOG to KTPA. Somewhere close to Houston as I was entering the Gulf I heard the following conversation and just shook my head.

ATC: Express Jet 123 (don’t remember the flight #) are you still climbing to FL260?

A/C: Roger that Houston, we picked up a little ice and had to slow the rate of climb.

ATC: I understand Express Jet, but I have other traffic near you. If you’re going to stop climbing I need you to advise of me of such next time.

A/C: Uh, we’re still showing…. Uh 800 FPM…

ATC: Well Express Jet I have a time recorded radar system which feeds off your Mode C transponder code, it’s telling me you’ve been level at FL 20100 for 3 minutes and 14 seconds. Contact Houston Center on 121.85 and let them know your intentions.

Busted! I constantly hear RJ pilots crying and moaning for respect from their peers, yet it’s this type of incident which clearly shows the lack of professional demeanor many of these pilots project. You can’t have it both ways.

ATC: Express Jet 123

I question the validity of the story. The callsign is Jetlink for ExpressJet.

Flight levels don't go that high.

Even if they did, what the heck is an ERJ doing at 20,100,000 feet?

Is this the new inter-galactic shuttle? So THAT'S what ExpressJet has been planning to do with their surplus ERJs. Doh!

[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

I question the validity of the story. The callsign is Jetlink for ExpressJet.

[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

Flight levels don't go that high.

Even if they did, what the heck is an ERJ doing at 20,100,000 feet?

Is this the new inter-galactic shuttle? So THAT'S what ExpressJet has been planning to do with their surplus ERJs. Doh!

So what your saying is he's the reason?..... Agreed!!!

I guess so. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and wait for a response from him to see what he has to say.

hey, dumbass!! nice try, if your thinking about expressjet airlines, maybe you would know that their call sign in JETLINK!!! not ezpressjet. You could be thinking about EXPRESSNET!! which isnt a 121 operation. Next time u make up a story, get facts right.... like atleast get the right callsign..hahah

Apocket, you oughta practice what you preach. Expressnet is a part 121 supplemental airline. Next time u make up a story, get facts right!

why did you feel the need to include the airline name? Great way to hijack your own thread. Outstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back