Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how this guy brags about going from Maui to Tampa in his little story. Sounds bogus. If anything the guys probably misunderstood the altitude clearance. The E145 typically has no problems climbing through the 20's in ice, it's descending that creates the problems.

Guess what? I heard a northwest DC-9 totally botch up the arrival into Houston tonight....so what, we all make mistakes. As long as you learn from it, no one dies, and no metal is bent, who cares.

Nah, he's for real. According to flightaware N502QS departed PHOG for KTPA Tuesday morning at 9:19AM. I guess he works for NJI.

Last edited:
This past Tuesday (20th) at around 9:45 EST, I was in route from PHOG to KTPA. Somewhere close to Houston as I was entering the Gulf I heard the following conversation and just shook my head.

ATC: Express Jet 123 (don’t remember the flight #) are you still climbing to FL260?

A/C: Roger that Houston, we picked up a little ice and had to slow the rate of climb.

ATC: I understand Express Jet, but I have other traffic near you. If you’re going to stop climbing I need you to advise of me of such next time.

A/C: Uh, we’re still showing…. Uh 800 FPM…

ATC: Well Express Jet I have a time recorded radar system which feeds off your Mode C transponder code, it’s telling me you’ve been level at FL 20100 for 3 minutes and 14 seconds. Contact Houston Center on 121.85 and let them know your intentions.

Busted! I constantly hear RJ pilots crying and moaning for respect from their peers, yet it’s this type of incident which clearly shows the lack of professional demeanor many of these pilots project. You can’t have it both ways.

You know I normally don't jump into these kinds of posts, but are you kidding me? No seriously. This has the be, hands down, the dumbest post I've ever seen in the regionals thread. Are you even a pilot or were you just listening to channel 9 on a United flight? Have you ever flown with a mainline pilot? They're just as human as the rest. I don't even know where to begin so I'll leave it at that. I guess you've never made a mistake in your entire career. And lord knows you've never had a controller get snippy with yah.

g

Last edited:
Hey, but we all make mistakes.... So far in the last 3 years, you guys have stalled one, flamed the engines, and crashed... and ran one off the wrong runway and crashed. Both very serious accidents which clearly showed a complete lack of professionalism on the flight deck.

While "you guys" in the same three years crashed two Challengers (Teterboro crash, Ingersoll family crash), planted a Gulfstream in Aspen, put a Lear into a mountain off San Diego, want me to go on?

My point is, there but for the grace of God go any of us.

I went to the regional airlines over 20 years ago because the corporate operations were not very professional...

I did the same thing 12 years ago. I was a copilot on a King-aire that had to go 200 feet low on a LOC approach just to land with 20 minutes of fuel in the tanks. I realized that Part 91 flying could get you killed (and the captain did, indeed, crash and kill himself and 2 pax about two years later).

I got another good story about him. We were on downwind for an ILS into BHM one stormy night. ATC had us about 15 miles from the field, about #5 for the approach, and the captain got on the radio and started screaming, "WHY we gotta go this way!!! The airport's THE OTHER WAY!!! Don't you know we want to land!!! Turn us in already!!!"

ATC said, "You want a turn, sure, turn right to intercept, slow and maintain 70 knots." (Our minimum was about 120....)

I went to ASA and was instantly amazed at the skills and discipline required in the Brasilia business. The last maneuver on my EMB-120 type ride was a single engine, no-flap, circle to land at published minimums, into Albany Ga. at 3 am with a good stiff crosswind, and if I didn't land out of it it was a bust. SHOW ME a Gulfstream guy that had to do that in a real plane.

To sum up: I flew RJ's once, and I was probably as sharp and as proficient as I will ever be. Except for when I was on the Brakilia.....

well he hasnt had the gonads to return to the thread, hopefully he read all this and realized he is just a pilot like the rest of us.

Mod Input:

What a dumb thread. Thread locked. When are you guys going to learn to not fall for the flame bait. The best post in this entire thread was by Goose. Way to hit the nail right on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back