Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess he doesnt want to respond back, hopefully he realized how much of a tool he is for such a post. Get over yourself. Dumb thread award!!

This post has really opened my eyes! I have to to indeed research this event. Maybe I'll look it up in the New England Journal of Who Gives a Rats Ass.

MM

(Sorry. Just had to use that line from Scrubs!)

It was Jetlink the COEX commuter airline. The controller told him he was level at 20,100 feet. You get the point, dont dodge the issue.

Regardless of what you "want" to hear... the guy was an idiot and tried to lie to ATC.

You want respect? Own up to what your doing in your airplane, and obey the rules. If your P.O.S. RJ cant climb through 20,000 with the anti-ice on, you've got a serious problem. But my guess (and only a guess) was he was climbing in VS, got the ice light, turned on the heat, and forgot to adjust the VS until he saw his speed falling through the floor. Why else would he stay level at for over 3 minutes?

Hey, but we all make mistakes.... So far in the last 3 years, you guys have stalled one, flamed the engines, and crashed... and ran one off the wrong runway and crashed. Both very serious accidents which clearly showed a complete lack of professionalism on the flight deck.

But I guess everybody has to start somewhere.

Someone has to start somewhere,,,,,, why don't you start by biting my A##$% I went to the regional airlines over 20 years ago because the corporate operations were not very professional... they had thier own little magazine and would sit around the lounges talking about that tight minimums approach they shot 6 months ago..... pretty amusing to a freight dog who hadn't seen the ground above 200 feet in the last two weeks... You want me to quote the corporate accident records for the last 30 years???? A lot more stupidity there and in your shiny little corporate jets especially..... Don't start this crap.... I have more history to throw in your face than you can handle about corporate professionalism.....

It was Jetlink the COEX commuter airline. The controller told him he was level at 20,100 feet. You get the point, dont dodge the issue.

Regardless of what you "want" to hear... the guy was an idiot and tried to lie to ATC.

You want respect? Own up to what your doing in your airplane, and obey the rules. If your P.O.S. RJ cant climb through 20,000 with the anti-ice on, you've got a serious problem. But my guess (and only a guess) was he was climbing in VS, got the ice light, turned on the heat, and forgot to adjust the VS until he saw his speed falling through the floor. Why else would he stay level at for over 3 minutes?

Hey, but we all make mistakes.... So far in the last 3 years, you guys have stalled one, flamed the engines, and crashed... and ran one off the wrong runway and crashed. Both very serious accidents which clearly showed a complete lack of professionalism on the flight deck.

Yes, but every one of ExpressJets aircraft is still in service-never had a hull loss. The same can't be said for NetJets. Uhhhohhhhhh......

Yes, but every one of ExpressJets aircraft is still in service-never had a hull loss. The same can't be said for NetJets. Uhhhohhhhhh......

Actually we have one that was a total loss, no fatalities. It is now on display on JFK Blvd as a crew emergency trainer. Lost in the old school days of using an actual airframe for training flights.

Ever notice when your climbing that you may have a headwind at the lower altitudes that suddenly starts to turn around into a tailwind up higher? Notice what your airspeed does as the wind shifts around to the tail and increases as you maintain a constant VS or are you too busy writing down ATC to RJ transmissions? Now combine that, the A/I system on and being heavy and you can lose airspeed rapidly enough that it takes a decent reduction in VS to get it back. Pending how much airspeed was lost, it may even require a level off until they get back to climb speed. Sure, they should have notified ATC they were having a problem climbing but I hardly see it as a safety issue. ATC could have just as easily said:

"Jetlink 1234 I need you level at FL260 in 4 minutes or less, if unable please advise"

"Uh...unable"

"Jetlink 1234 amend altititude, climb and maintain FL 230"

I'm guessing they'd know they couldn't do it, would say so, and receive an amended clearance. Not to blame the controller but it seems like he was just kind of waiting to call them out.

As far as throwing out RJ crashes to prove your point, that's just bad karma.

I have also heard many unprofessional controller comments latley that did not need to be made, why our they so quick to chime in with a snide comment when a pilot misses somthing? I cannot recall a similiar comment being directed towards a controller's er made by a pilot of any craft. Sounds like some have a serious chip on the shoulder.

This past Tuesday (20th) at around 9:45 EST, I was in route from PHOG to KTPA. Somewhere close to Houston as I was entering the Gulf I heard the following conversation and just shook my head.

ATC: Express Jet 123 (don’t remember the flight #) are you still climbing to FL260?

A/C: Roger that Houston, we picked up a little ice and had to slow the rate of climb.

ATC: I understand Express Jet, but I have other traffic near you. If you’re going to stop climbing I need you to advise of me of such next time.

A/C: Uh, we’re still showing…. Uh 800 FPM…

ATC: Well Express Jet I have a time recorded radar system which feeds off your Mode C transponder code, it’s telling me you’ve been level at FL 20100 for 3 minutes and 14 seconds. Contact Houston Center on 121.85 and let them know your intentions.

Busted! I constantly hear RJ pilots crying and moaning for respect from their peers, yet it’s this type of incident which clearly shows the lack of professional demeanor many of these pilots project. You can’t have it both ways.

Dear God's Gift to Aviation,

Is your short man's ego hurting now that you've been owned by half of FlightInfo.com? And you just had to mention that Hawaii to Tampa flight even though it had absolutely no relevance to the story, eh? How did you ever manage to attain a position of such glorious prominence without making a mistake? You must be a truly great man. By the way, at 4-9 in the ACC the Wolfpack have been owned nearly as much as you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back