This is terrible news for all minority applicants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nevermind-found it.

I was wondering when this story first broke where the ACLU, Al Sharpton and the likes who fight for civil rights where? Oh wait, they were not around because it's not a story to benefit their cause. It would not generate much grease for the correct squeaky wheel.
The ACLU submitted an amicus curiae brief. The essence of it is, don't touch Title VII of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act. The Supreme Court granted their wish and based the opinion on Title VII itself. In essence, when the city threw out the exams solely because the results were racially skewed, they violated Title VII by dicriminating based on race.
http://www.aclu.org/pdfs/scotus/ricci_v_destefano.pdf

Last edited:
Affirmative Action is just discrimination in reverse. Thanks to the supreme court for fixing what the lower courts could not. Finally a little common sense being displayed, now if we can just get congress and the white house to show some (about as likely as me winning the lottery).

Here's to the supreme court, and buck ofama

If whites are so superior as you claim, how come most players in the NBA are BLACK?

to say that NFL and NBA players are a good example of intellegent black people is a huge insult to intellegent black people. Have you ever seen sports interviews? Nothing you say has any validity.

Then how come there are more African Americans in jail than whites?

I think that it's got something to do with committing crimes, but I could be mistaken. Maybe you could tell me why successive waves of minority immigrants to this country have had no trouble moving up the socioeconomic ladder instead wallowing in a sense of entitlement and celebrating a popular culture that glorifies antisocial behavior and abject human failure.

I think that it's got something to do with committing crimes, but I could be mistaken. Maybe you could tell me why successive waves of minority immigrants to this country have had no trouble moving up the socioeconomic ladder instead wallowing in a sense of entitlement and celebrating a popular culture that glorifies antisocial behavior and abject human failure.

well said

Latest resources

Back