• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thinking of Voting For John McPain? Recall this:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"The Bushies?" Stop reading Maureen Dowd. That stupid evil biatch has more hatred and contempt in her than OBL.
I've never read a single thing written by Maureen Dowd and I cringe every time she comes on Meet the Press. My hatred for her doesn't change the fact that the Bush administration is a bunch of anti-labor boobs.

You're confusing the fact that the RLA clearly favors management with the fact that Labor has done very little of what it can do withing the confines of the RLA to influence the course of events.
Labor has stretched their latitude within the RLA to the very limits. The fact is, the intent of the RLA is not being followed by the Bush NMB. It was intended to be a level playing field that allowed for reasonable negotiations and ends to disputes. Instead, the Bush administration has perverted it into an anti-labor monstrosity. And even worse, they've managed to convince you that that's what it's supposed to be!

I've never read a single thing written by Maureen Dowd and I cringe every time she comes on Meet the Press. My hatred for her doesn't change the fact that the Bush administration is a bunch of anti-labor boobs.

I won't disagree with you about Bush admin and Labor. My problem is that you're so focused on labor, but lack the understanding what O and H are capable of doing with all the other facets of our country.

Not degrading Labor at all. I'm former airline myself, and understand the need for the voice to be heard. But I never sold my soul just for the sake of Labor.

BTW...ALPA sucks!! Just ask the 2500 pilots at TWA what ALPA did for them.

Last edited:
Labor has stretched their latitude within the RLA to the very limits. The fact is, the intent of the RLA is not being followed by the Bush NMB. It was intended to be a level playing field that allowed for reasonable negotiations and ends to disputes. Instead, the Bush administration has perverted it into an anti-labor monstrosity. And even worse, they've managed to convince you that that's what it's supposed to be!

The RLA was never intended to be a level playing field; like most of society's institutions it was designed to conserve and concentrate power, not to redistribute it. Granted, the Bush administration has taken its abuse to new heights, but that can be said about virtually everything they've done anyhow.

What "they" have done to pilots isn't even half of what we've done to ourselves.

This is like the Social Security email. Whether Democrat or Republican one might want to know just what the candidates have in mind for our personal money. That's what taxes are.....OUR DOLLARS.
Proposed changes in taxes after 2008 General election:
CAPITAL GAINS TAX
MCCAIN
15% (no change)
OBAMA
28%
CLINTON
24%
How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.
DIVIDEND TAX
MCCAIN
15% (no change)
OBAMA
39.6%
CLINTON
39.6%

How will this affect you? If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama or Clinton become president. The experts predict that "Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit."
INCOME TAX
MCCAIN
(no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $31,250
OBAMA

(Reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400
Single making 50K - tax $14,000
Single making 75K - tax $23,250
Married making 60K - tax $16,800
Married making 75K - tax $21,000
Married making 125K - tax $38,750
CLINTON

(Reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400
Single making 50K - tax $14,000
Single making 75K - tax $23,250
Married making 60K - tax $16,800
Married making 75K - tax $21,000
Married making 125K - tax $38,750
How does this affect you? No explanation needed. This is pretty straight forward.

INHERITANCE TAX
MCCAIN
0%
(No change, Bush repealed this tax)
OBAMA
Keep the inheritance tax
CLINTON
Keep the inheritance tax

How does this affect you? Many families have lost businesses, farms and ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will not only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY BOTH CLINTON AND OBAMA
* New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet
* New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)
* New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)
* New taxes on retirement accounts
and last but not least....

* New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!
Can you afford Clinton or Obama? I can't!!!!!

Again, good stuff, I'll stay Republican (w/my head up my a$$, I guess, according to a previous poster).

McCain in '08!

"A possible Muslim or a possible dyke"

Spoken like a true "head up my ass" republican.

Muslims and gays contribute immensley to this great nation; which we are ALL part of.

And by the way, Senator Obama is a Christian and as American as Santa Claus, James Caan and Charleton Heston.

And God bless, and rest in peace CH.

So you defend Obama Bin Laden, but nothing for Billary?

I'm not blind. I know good muslims (I think) and a few good gays.

Leaving the homos behind (oops), the Muslims are what worry me! When there are polls that say that a small (20 % or more) of the ones in this country would agree to attacking this country -- yes I have a problem with them as a whole! Your smiling 7-11 worker might be the next plotter!

could swear church and state have been seperated? even if he was muslim, what do you think will happen? will they change all the currency to read "in allah we trust"? This country was founded on religious freedom. Do you really believe all muslims hate white people and americans?

No, see above post, and no I don't think the majority of this country would tolerate a muslim as president!

I'm not a practicing religious guy. I'm also not atheist. I do believe in religious freedom, just not the one that did 9/11!

And yes, I know that's a radical group I'm talking about, but the fact is they are here now and I don't trust one of them (Muslims)!

Obama has radical Muslim history with his father AND stepfather, guess mom wasn't too choosey!

Sorry if I have a problem with that, we'll see who wins. I have no doubt!

That's completely false. One is going to raise taxes on the super-rich while protecting the middle-class (that's you and me), and the other is going to completely rape the lower- and middle-class to benefit his super-rich buddies.

Ah, I think most pilots are in that top 5% pay wise. We are going to get screwed either way. What a joke of a career.

Latest resources

Back