Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Recall Dubai Ports? When The Bush Admin and GOP was willing to turn our port security over to the Arabs?

Included in the House Draft HR 4954 was this little gem: (bold mine)

Transportation Disruption.- Ther term "tranpsotation disruption" means any significant delay, interruption, or stoppage in the flow of trade caused by natural disaster, labor dispute, hightened threat level, an act of terrorism, or any transportation security incident definded in section 70101(6) of title 46, United States Code.

Wow! So if labor was to conduct a strike the US gov't would equate that to an act of terrorism. Nice precedence for us Air Line Pilots.

Imagine that... US Veterans of Gulf I and II branded as terrorist for conducting a strike.

Luckily this verbage was removed from the final draft... but you can see what the GOP is willing to do.

In addition, this snipet from the draft easily shows how "those who control the distribution of money and wealth" are determined not to have a disruption of their cash flow. In other words, laborers must and will work.

Look at the other "disruptions". They are uncontrollables: natural disaster, terrorism, security levels! What does the gov't ususally do when one of these acts effects trade? They throw lots of money, resources, military, police to mitigate or eliminate the threat.

We get the gov't we deserve by how we vote.

Discuss...

I think it's going to come down to the lesser of two evils. 1 guy is going to raise your taxes big time and 1 is going to promote and allow cabotage. Which is worse for you??

That's completely false. One is going to raise taxes on the super-rich while protecting the middle-class (that's you and me), and the other is going to completely rape the lower- and middle-class to benefit his super-rich buddies.

I think it's going to come down to the lesser of two evils. 1 guy is going to raise your taxes big time and 1 is going to promote and allow cabotage. Which is worse for you??

As long as one doesn't give in to the fear that pushed like a drug.........

I'd rather have a labor freindly gov't that allows me to negotiate fairly and raise my wages than another four years of regression:

Labor friendly gov't allows me to negotiate a 50-100% pay increase. And "risking" a 10-15% tax increase, even if it get to the middle class.

Or

Four more years of labor tyrrany:

10% pay cut as inflation and gov't strangle my career.

100% paycut for the pilots in the next 5 years who are going to get furloughed... Its already happening under the current gov't. Aloha, ATA, Champion, etc...

First of all, switch to decaffinated, second of all, don't be to worried about the taxes. I'd be more worried about McCain having his nose up the EU's ass. You think Virgin America is bad. Just wait.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back