• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thinking of Voting For John McPain? Recall this:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, I would like to add a new dimension to this whole "left-right" issue. Political ideology isn't on a line, it's on a plane. You can be a progressive or conservative, and also a social authoritarian or libertarian.

Conservatives somehow automatically lay claim to the libertarian viewpoint, which is certainly false. We have lost more personal freedoms in the last 8 years than ever before in my lifetime. All because someone votes for tax cuts doesn't automatically make him or her someone who wants you to be "free."

So please get off this limited viewpoint, it is incomplete and bad salesmanship.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/index
I encourage everyone to visit this site, figure out where you stand on the grid. It's quite fascinating.

Funny thing. I disagree with almost every position Mc Cain holds, but there's not even any reasonable basis for comparison between my high regard for him as a person and my feelings about Obama and Clinton. I cast my first Presidential vote in 1976, and this will be the first time I vote for a Republican. Anyone who thinks that the occupant of the White House can influence the future of our profession more than we can ourselves is just another loser dreaming of a government handout IMO.

Anyone who thinks that the occupant of the White House can influence the future of our profession more than we can ourselves is just another loser dreaming of a government handout IMO.

Please familiarize yourself with the Railway Labor Act of 1926. Then correct the statement above.

No one could possibly be that stupid.

I think the equivalent could be said about Obama and Hillabeast.

God help us all if one of those two clowns gets in office.

We have lost more personal freedoms in the last 8 years than ever before in my lifetime. All because someone votes for tax cuts doesn't automatically make him or her someone who wants you to be "free."

Please name them. The personal freedoms you have lost.

As long as one doesn't give in to the fear that pushed like a drug.........

I'd rather have a labor freindly gov't that allows me to negotiate fairly and raise my wages than another four years of regression:

Labor friendly gov't allows me to negotiate a 50-100% pay increase. And "risking" a 10-15% tax increase, even if it get to the middle class.

Or

Four more years of labor tyrrany:

10% pay cut as inflation and gov't strangle my career.

100% paycut for the pilots in the next 5 years who are going to get furloughed... Its already happening under the current gov't. Aloha, ATA, Champion, etc...

Why don't you explain to all of us how to negotiate a raise when fuel is over 100/barrell, airlines are folding like they've been stricken with Avian flu, and companies are cutting back on travel funds.
That should be interesting. I mean, lets talk about the economics of that.

If you think O or H are your white knight to end "4 years of regression", you're in for a rude awakening. According to Obama, if you're making over 75K... you are the filthy rich!! He wants to take a piece of your paycheck and give it to people who won't even help themselves...and you've got a problem with that.? Good grief!

Please familiarize yourself with the Railway Labor Act of 1926. Then correct the statement above.

You're confusing the fact that the RLA clearly favors management with the fact that Labor has done very little of what it can do withing the confines of the RLA to influence the course of events.

Unemployment got down to 4.2% during the Clinton administration. The Bushies have never gotten close.

"The Bushies?" Stop reading Maureen Dowd. That stupid evil biatch has more hatred and contempt in her than OBL.

Ok, trick question. Who am I describing in this passage I lifted from a book review?

(Blanks are mine)

....They believed in free health care and guaranteed jobs. They confiscated inherited wealth and spent vast sums on public education. They purged the church from public policy, promoted a new form of pagan spirituality, and inserted the authority of the state into every nook and cranny of daily life. The _____ declared war on smoking, supported abortion, euthanasia, and gun control. They loathed the free market, provided generous pensions for the elderly, and maintained a strict racial quota system in their universities—where campus speech codes were all the rage. The ____ led the world in organic farming and alternative medicine.

S%S-
By far the best rebuttal on this topic. We all know how that little experiment turned out.

Why is it some just simply cannot see the forest for the trees. Mind boggling!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back