The RJDC is a cancer on the industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surplus1 said:

The thing that galls me most about flow through rhetoric is the idea that most mainline pilots seem to have, i.e., that it is yours to grant or deny.

The fact is none of you have the power to grant it and none of you have the power or the right to deny it. That perogative rests exclusively with management. If a regional pilot group wants flow through, then they should negotiate it for themselves. Whether you apporove or not is totally irrelevant.

For the record, Surplus, we agree on this point. Yet the rjdc seems to think we have the power to merge the lists. That is yet another thing that they are asking for in their suit.

Timebuilder said:

Alright. This is a hot button issue, so let's see if cooler heads can prevail here.

Congratulations Timebuilder. You have grasped the true substance of the debate. So far I note, as expected, that none of the anti - rjdc crowd has responded to you. They won't, there is just too much logic in what you said.

Oops, I blew it. Now that I have responded they will all be getting on the bandwagon just to prove me wrong.

Thank you for you level headed commentary.

Exactly. A flow through is a hiring scheme, and has nothing to do with the rjdc. And, the rjdc is aware that ALPA, as well as Delta's MEC could not grant a merger. So, why were they unwilling to even TALK about it? Seems to me like they had nothing to lose.

FDJ,
A comair pilot flying a 777, that's a good one. Thanks for helping to make light of this serious situation. Of course, you know the best way to prevent this from happening. One list. Thanks.

skydiverdriver said:
FDJ,
Of course, you know the best way to prevent this from happening. One list. Thanks.

SDD,

Agreed, 100%. Onelist is the answer. It is just our methods which are diametrically opposed. As for the litigation, if there was ever a case of the ends NOT justifying the means, IMHO, this is it.

Okay, I'm game. Metro, please tell me what method YOU would have us take. Please remember that we tried to talk, both to the Delta MEC and to ALPA before our lawyer told us to file a lawsuit. In fact, they are still talking, as they are trying for an out of court settlement. Please tell me the better way, and perhaps I will support it. Thanks.

skydiverdriver said:
FDJ,
A comair pilot flying a 777, that's a good one. Thanks for helping to make light of this serious situation. Of course, you know the best way to prevent this from happening. One list. Thanks.

SDD,

Unfortunately, I was not joking. In my earlier post, I took the time to research the rjdc lawsuit, and posted what I thought was an intelligent argument, using their language, of how all scope was threatened by the rjdc. I notice than no one has taken the time to refute any of my points. I wish they would, because I think that they go to the heart of the matter.

As a matter of fact, on another thread you asked why nobody had responded to your allegation that the rjdc only threatened the scope of mainline carriers who owned regionals. I believe that I have responded to your point, and proven that the rjdc is a threat to ALL scope. Yet my post has been ignored, or worse, treated like a joke.

I could not have been more serious. Ignore my points at your, and all of our peril

ASA and Comair are such cheap operations, they cannot afford to clean a 30 seat airplane, flush the lav, or get fuel without begging for it. I don't think they could even park a 737 without ripping the wings off. I wouldn't worry about them operating anything bigger than an RJ.
What I would worry about is the fact that while Rj's are being focused on, Delta keeps adding Sky Team partners. Those high paying international jobs are the ones to worry about. Does anyone else see this as a problem?

Latest resources

Back