Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Greatest Windfall in the HISTORY OF AVIATION!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You used the word "if", not Eischen. The NMB will rule, the award becomes effective 60 days afterwards. The NMB may rule however they like, but the need not find an STS in their ruling to start that clock.

But I'm no laywer.

It's an "if" in that the NMB may rule that Frontier, Midwest, Lynx, RAH (or possibly even "yx", S5 and CHQ) are a single carrier or they may rule that some of the carriers are a Single Transportation System and some of them are separate.

I'm sorry if I'm not wording this in a clear manner, I too am not an Attorney.....

So were the Midwest guys completely ignored?

No. Their number 1 Capt was integrated at #1002 TIER 2)
Basically, after that it is a 10:1 Ratio (RAH-YX) for the guys that were top 150 on their list. All the rest were put at the bottom with the furloughs.

is that the professional's approach?

gimme a break... Bend over does not equal professional. You get screwed by companies all the time in so many ways we can't even sum it up. Then you supposed to act as a professional in the interest of shareholders that are making money at your expense. Get a grip.

Just a curious outsider with a question or two. One, does this essentially make RJet (F9, YX, S5, RP, etc) a 'single carrier'? And is so, then Two, doesn't that then mean that RJet is then in violation of all of the scope clauses at UAL, Delta and Airways (E190 and A320)?

Seems to me this could give the other Major carriers the scope 'out' they have been looking for.

Peace.

Rekks

Just a curious outsider with a question or two. One, does this essentially make RJet (F9, YX, S5, RP, etc) a 'single carrier'? And is so, then Two, doesn't that then mean that RJet is then in violation of all of the scope clauses at UAL, Delta and Airways (E190 and A320)?

Seems to me this could give the other Major carriers the scope 'out' they have been looking for.

Peace.

Rekks

No it does not make them a single carrier there is no such thing, the NMB will rule if they are a Single Transportation System(STS), hopefully in the near future.

Even if the NMB does rule they are an STS that will not affect scope clauses with the codeshare partners.. this has been covered ad nauseum.

I would have thought that the recent Delta announcement regarding additional RAH flying would have finally put to rest the speculation that all the majors want to end their contracts with RAH.

Fixed fee departure flying is very simply about completing flights and completing them on time for a good price. That is ALL the legacy partners have ever cared about.. and RAH is exceptionally good at the fixed fee business.

cale

Bankruptcy cant come fast enough.

Boogity boogity boogity.

Boy, that Southwest staple is looking pretty good right about now....

Who (which negotiators) screwed that up again?

On the plus side, you F9 guys will have some options if you want to split (I would if I were an FO). Delta will have hiring in the future, JB is hiring onto the Airbus and VA seems to have continual hiring. Emirates is also hiring onto the A330 with a fast-track to the A380 in 2-3 years. I am sure they are aware of this situation and the discontent and would probably welcome some experienced Airbus drivers. Yeah, I'd be sending out my apps...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back