• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Fate of SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey I was looking at your pic there and did you used to fly that bird? Just wondering if mommy and daddy paid for you to go to the delta academy?

Hey, I was looking at your pic here and realized that your mommy and daddy were brother and sister.
Now get back to turns around a point. I'm sure your instructor would be mad that you're not studying for your private pilot checkride.

Hey, I was looking at your pic here and realized that your mommy and daddy were brother and sister.
Now get back to turns around a point. I'm sure your instructor would be mad that you're not studying for your private pilot checkride.

Don't get so mad my friend. We know that you went to the Delta Academy.

I just looked at the pic good one. If that was the case with the family I would have big problem typing all this fun stuff on FI.

Red,

Also, we don't have 1000 RJs.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ran the numbers General, seems I was off a little. The number is closer to 750 regional jets between all the carriers. I didn't even include the turbo props.

Delta has over 250 more regional aircraft than the number of Southwest planes. Impressive.

:laugh::laugh:
You wish.
Now, about those cross countries you should be studying for................

I know I can't wait to become a big boy. Hey I have a question about my cross country i am taking today. Do I need to Call FSS or can I file a VFR on fltplan? It's a cross wind today don't know what to do help. I heard once I get my ratings I can apply to delta? Is that true?

I remember when, TWA was the airline of Hollywood, Pan Am was,....well the nation's flag carrier, Eastern was the dominant airline along the east coast. People Express was the "new" low cost monster, that was going to take over the airways. United was waiting plying the pacific only as far as Hawaii. Northwest was called Northwest Orient. Delta was a down home airline, and Continental was the proud bird with the golden tail.

Pan Am and TWA were the giants of the industry, making history...even when they shut down.

Sooo, even the giants can fail, no matter how big.

Ultimately, it's up to management and how and why they adjust their numbers.

TWA lasted 70 years.
Eastern lasted 65 years.
Pan Am lasted 70 years.

People Express - bad mgmt. It had momentum, and they killed it.

Yes, the giants do fall. Historically, it looks like there is a life expectancy to any airline.

United and Delta - 80yrs so far, (ten years past historical airline death) have proven for ten years you can lose Billions and stay in business.

SWA been around 38 years.
We're just hitting our stride. I have faith in the direction our mgmt is pointing us, and it's up to the employee groups to carry out the plan.

I'm sitting here in LBB reading my VNAV, LNAV, RNP, ANP memo. Does anyone know what "ANP" means. My Captain says it is not someone who works on an airplane. I think he's wrong. A little help?

Last edited:
Acronymics

I'm sitting here in LBB reading my VNAV, LNAV, RNP, ANP memo. Does anyone know what "ANP" means. My Captain says it is not someone who works on an airplane. I think he's wrong. A little help?

Just a guess: same as RNP except substitute "actual" for "required".

For some guys, RNP stands for "retire now please" since the -200 way of doing things is gone.

Latest resources

Back