Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bake

I LIKE THE GEEZER METER!!
I have been on FI.com for at least 9 years (moderators, feel free to correct me). For those approx 9 years I have been reading how SWA is just around the corner from BK and total failure. Since that time SWA has hired approx 3000 pilots and purchased over 200 airplanes (low ball guestimates on my part). We do still go to LBB General, and you are right it is no garden spot, but I've been laid a few times in LBB and also overseas and I must say, I can't tell the difference, both were pretty good. Anyway, for how much longer can SWA keep going? We have been predicting their demise for years on here and they still keep humping it like the energizer bunny, much like the ladies of LBB.

Bake

If we are anything like the other majors, I think we have to do a couple of things first:

1. burn through about 2B cash.
2. file for BK
3. come out of BK
4. take about 2 years and go back into BK
5. come out of BK
6. now discuss if SWA is going to be around for the future.

Seems to me like this is a dead thread......

I have been on FI.com for at least 9 years (moderators, feel free to correct me). For those approx 9 years I have been reading how SWA is just around the corner from BK and total failure. Since that time SWA has hired approx 3000 pilots and purchased over 200 airplanes (low ball guestimates on my part). We do still go to LBB General, and you are right it is no garden spot, but I've been laid a few times in LBB and also overseas and I must say, I can't tell the difference, both were pretty good. Anyway, for how much longer can SWA keep going? We have been predicting their demise for years on here and they still keep humping it like the energizer bunny, much like the ladies of LBB.

Bake

Do you mind quoting some of these posts that predicted SWA demise? There are many reasons to poke fun at SWA, but their financial stats have never been one of them.

Do you mind quoting some of these posts that predicted SWA demise? There are many reasons to poke fun at SWA, but their financial stats have never been one of them.

Why don't you name the many reasons to poke fun at SWA. It would interesting to hear what you have to say. Don't start with LBB and pay for training crap. That is old news.

LUV isn't going anywhere. They'll always be the domestic alternative to the big "INTERNATIONAL" trunk carrier. Someone has to serve the little guy who just wants to go from LIT to SMF and not spend a fortune. LUV has a niche that the "big guys" don't really want to serve anyway.

LUV isn't going anywhere. They'll always be the domestic alternative to the big "INTERNATIONAL" trunk carrier. Someone has to serve the little guy who just wants to go from LIT to SMF and not spend a fortune. LUV has a niche that the "big guys" don't really want to serve anyway.

Oh really? Then why is that niche changing?
BOS, PHL, LGA........................ All cities southwest avoided years prior.
Sounds like their niche has hit a brick wall!
I'll agree that southwest isn't going anywhere.
And yes, it's fun to pick on southwest pilots.:D

Latest resources

Back