• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The culture of the managment determines the safety level

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Next time you go fly trim your airplane for 100 knots with the autopilot disconnected then add 10000 shaft horsepower to it (remember turboprop not jet) and watch what happens. The aircraft will attempt to maintain 100 knots.
Add to that you've been awake since 0300 and it's now 2216.
They screwed up yes, but its not the only factor.

If I am paying attention to flying my plane, I don't ever LET it get to a stall. If I am tired from being up at 0300, I remove myself from the flight fatigued.

Next time you go fly trim your airplane for 100 knots with the autopilot disconnected then add 10000 shaft horsepower to it (remember turboprop not jet) and watch what happens. The aircraft will attempt to maintain 100 knots.
Add to that you've been awake since 0300 and it's now 2216.
They screwed up yes, but its not the only factor.

Good points. There will be many causal factors that will add to the whole on this accident. My question is what will the FAA and carriers do with the information learned?

How many accidents and lives lost will it take to change the rest rules?

The NTSB animation has been posted on YouTube - which is better than the NTSB link, as you can replay critical segments easily.

All seems to be well until the gear is selected down & the speed starts to decay. The flap shows movement from 5 to Posn 10 (22:16:27) - it is difficult to tell from the animation how this affected the flightpath, but it seems coincidental with the stick shaker, although the rate speed of decay may have been increasing. The flap then shows being selected to Flap 5, then all the way up to Flap 0........ I've no idea of the stall recovery action for this type, but probably not appropriate??

I guess the prime factors & numerous causal factors will all be listed in due course...... I could only find the preliminary NTSB outline.

Safety/Management

managements number one concern is for safety, as long as it dont interfere with scheduling or a profit.
As it should be for without profit there is not airline or jobs. For example to be perfectly save pilot should only fly one leg per day. An airline elects to follow this ultra save procedure. It has to hire 4 times as many pilots to the same number of trips. To remain profitable it either has to raise prices above the competition or cut wages by 75%. There is an extremely delicate balance between safety, regulatory complience, and profitabilty. If you have the answers it is your duty, no in fact your obligation to step forward and save the industry.

Last edited:
as far as im concerned, and you should be too, there is no balance between safety....

it's either safe or it's not. If i can do it safely then the plane moves and we make money. If not, then I get paid to make that choice.

Define safety?

as far as im concerned, and you should be too, there is no balance between safety....

it's either safe or it's not. If i can do it safely then the plane moves and we make money. If not, then I get paid to make that choice.
What is safety? How do you determine if the airplane is safe? If the company says it is safe, dispatch says it is save, and you elect to not fly why are you safer? Is it regulatory complience? Is it not flying, we would never have an accident if we did not fly. BTW still did not tell me how yo are going to come into management and make the airline more safe.

Last edited:
What is safety? How do you determine if the airplane is safe? If the company says it is safe, dispatch says it is save, and you elect to not fly why are you safer? Is it regulatory complience? Is it not flying, we would never have an accident if we did not fly. BTW still did not tell me how yo are going to come into management and make the airline more safe.
Are you drunk?

i decide what is safe, and that's that. I would hope that you would know that. But you appear to just wanna try to fight with me. Maybe you shouldnt post anymore and just read and learn.

I've managed a very safe successful(in that order) dept many years ago before retireing.

Last edited:
of course not

Are you drunk?

Being drunk would not be safe while posting, I thought my questions were legitiment questions. Please define safety?

Latest resources

Back