• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Bashing Begins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All right I just read the whole CVR. The flirting story is pure f*cking BS! Any fed that leaked that conversation as flirting probably hasn't gotten laid since The Carter Administration! I don't find the CVR the least bit incriminating until of course the fatal last moments. Yes I understand the sterile was broken, but that is at best a weak contributing factor in this crash.

Last edited:
All right I just read the whole CVR. The flirting story is pure f*cking BS! Any fed that leaked that conversation as flirting probably hasn't gotten laid since The Carter Administration! I don't find the CVR the least bit incriminating until of course the fatal last moments. Yes I understand the sterile was broken, but that is at best a weak contributing factor in this crash.

Agreed... Very weak at best. No signs of an argument either as the other rumor stated.

So many people are worried about how many checkrides the guy failed. It is too bad the aircraft/airplane doesn't know what your background is, otherwise you would see that many of the pilot error airline accidents in the US alone were caused by flight crews that never failed a checkride. Too bad because the crews and passengers are still dead. good luck with that philosophy.

Five failed check rides over ANY period of time is an indication that this person should never have been in the cockpit of an airliner. There should be no argument over that. Most of the pilots I've met over the eighteen years I've been in this industry have never failed a check ride. Ever. Not at any level. And these are pilots who have been in the industry a heck of a lot longer than this guy was and who therefore would have had many more chances to fail a ride along the way - but didn't.

This is not the kind of negative publicity this segment of the industry needs and it's infuriating to me (and no doubt, to most of you out there).

So many people are worried about how many checkrides the guy failed. It is too bad the aircraft/airplane doesn't know what your background is, otherwise you would see that many of the pilot error airline accidents in the US alone were caused by flight crews that never failed a checkride. Too bad because the crews and passengers are still dead. good luck with that philosophy.

Five failed checkrides. FIVE. Over a relatively short period of time. That is a very strong signal that a person is not capable of being PIC in an airliner. And this guy lost control of his airplane is a most basic way - he stalled it. That's basic airmanship. Frightening to me.

You're right, lots of people have been killed by pilots who've never dinged a ride. We all make errors, sometimes unfortunately they're fatal.

But were not talking about lots of accidents, were talking about this accident. Five failed checkrides, at the very least, shows this guy doesn't handle high-pressure situations very well.

I hate to sound like an a-hole, but I wouldn't want anyone in my family flying around with a guy in command who has failed 5-checkrides if I could help it. The victims families should be rightfully angry about this. The fact they gave this guy four stripes is a crime. I hope they sue Colgan into the stone-age.

If you've been offened by the post... so be it.

Yeah, I know I'm a classless a-hole, but sugar coating a post wouldn't change the way I feel about this.

Latest resources

Back