• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Bashing Begins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
methinks you're on to something....over 40...never flew..wanna be pilot... from the pattern to a Q...recipe for well...what happened... there aren't any comebacks...no excuses...he had no business in a left seat of anything but a cherokee...

so i guess a dr who inadvertently kills someone shoudlnt be allowed to practice-- how may times have the wrong limbs been amputated?

and a lawyer who allows a guilty man free and a not guilty man jailed should be disbarred?

and tilton who loses billions shoulde be fired?

GMAFB.

SKIPPY

Umm...yes... I do believe those things should happen...then again I live in an imaginary world...

methinks you're on to something....over 40...never flew..wanna be pilot... from the pattern to a Q...recipe for well...what happened... there aren't any comebacks...no excuses...he had no business in a left seat of anything but a cherokee...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. Look for more accidents like this to happen as more and more 250 hour wonders become captains.

So you are saying it is OK to fail 5 check rides? Sure I can understand busting the CFI for 8's on or whatever, but 5 checkrides???
In this industry, we are trained to detect a chain of events (mistakes), and break that chain before it leads to an accident. I would say 5 failures is a good start to that chain...
If my opinion makes me a Yeager or Hoover, fine. We need more Yeagers and Hoovers.

No, the fact that you have managed to fly all grandad's planes (Pitts, Stearman, Blah, and Blah, and Blah) on the weekend makes you a Yeager/Hoover. (BTW-it has been a while since I have seen a jet with a tailwheel-so who the hell cares?)

The fact that you have identified yourself as an "RJ FO" makes you a Neil Armstrong/Buzz Aldrin.

The fact that you show up to work with spikey hair, an I-Pod and little blinking wheels on your roll-a-board just makes you a tool.....

-Go back to "nick-at-nite" and leave your daddy's computer alone!

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. Look for more accidents like this to happen as more and more 250 hour wonders become captains.

Kinda tough to even qualify for type ride with 250 hours, but oh well; facts don't matter here.....

The crap thing here is the FAA had a bullseye on Colgan for pencil whipping crew records. Some how I think it is all going to take a back seat to this and not get the media attention it deserves!

Where did he get original flight training?

701EV

This does not surprise me. The last three regional crashes (Pinnacle, Comair, and Colgan) have all had a former Gulfstream International Airlines' pilot in one of the seats. These companies decided to hire pilots with lower qualifications and sacrifice safety rather than raise compensation. Now they act surprised when under-qualified pilots make serious mistakes and kill innocent people. Where do you think the naked MDT pilot worked before Pinnacle? Gulfstream Airlines. This is the type of pilot that has been coming out of that scab outfit for years. The FAA should have shut it down a long time ago. What kind of airline puts car parts on its airplanes? Rant over. I just have to accept that any moron with a few bucks can fly an airline these days. Not safely, but they can fly an airliner.

Latest resources

Back