• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Bashing Begins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hate it when pilots throw young pilots under the bus just because of their age. During this last hiring boom I flew with two guys that were 21 and 20 and I would take those two anytime over the majority of the other hires for both their professionalism and piloting skills. As I think we have seen here, age does not equal experience or skill.

Yes I agree with the comment from the last guy about you.....YOUR a RJ FO with 2000 hours.

1.) You're, not your

2.) What does it matter? I got Hired with 1300, thats like 1000 more than most people lately.

But you are right, because I am un-lucky enough to be on reserve and not fly 1000 hours a year, I don't know what I'm talking about. You must be Sully himself. Congratulations.

-There is no doubt you went to 'riddle. I'm pretty sure they issue those little "blinky wheels" for your roll-a-boards down there. Do you have a class ring with a similar blinky function?
-Cute....

HAHAHA! You think that because I am young that I fit into that stereotype young Riddle kid group. I learned how to fly at a local FBO, all part 61, from real instructors, not newly minted, cookie stamped CFI's from some big academy.

I guess that = Riddle in your ignorant mind...

Yea I'm saying it's ok to fail 5 check rides. Especially when the training is sub standard and not enough. Look if your going to hire someone a bit slower or someone with less experience you need to train them properly not cheaply.
Oh, and I agree 100% with this. Makes you wonder why he was hired at all.

CNN just had a guy on that hit on PAY issues. He said something like "if the pay and benefits are not there, you can't hire quality pilots." Now, I agree and sorta disagree. I agree that if pay and benefits are higher, you will attract better pilots. Actually you wil attract MORE pilots and your interview process will (should) weed out most of the bad apples. I disagree because MOST of the pilot applicants in todays market are there because they want to be there and are hoping to move on to the majors or a good corporate gig later on. AND, most of them are fine pilots.

If what I'm hearing is true, it makes me want to bash my head against a wall. 5 failures? I don't care who you are, that is a disturbing trend. The FAA won't change anything, for doing so will be admitting that their minimums aren't good enough after all.

I agree. The FAA should force all regional pilots to take 709 rides to prove there competency in the RJ and in basic flying skills. If they don't pass, revoke there lisence permanently.

Does the fact that Colgan trained the pilot, and allowed him to fly as PIC open them up to legal action? The way it is being portrayed, Colgan will get destroyed in court for Gross Negligence. The way things are going, some judge may allow a hate crime to be thrown in as well!!

CNN just had a guy on that hit on PAY issues. He said something like "if the pay and benefits are not there, you can't hire quality pilots." Now, I agree and sorta disagree. I agree that if pay and benefits are higher, you will attract better pilots. Actually you wil attract MORE pilots and your interview process will (should) weed out most of the bad apples. I disagree because MOST of the pilot applicants in todays market are there because they want to be there and are hoping to move on to the majors or a good corporate gig later on. AND, most of them are fine pilots.
I think "Sully" said something about this. a couple months ago.
You're right though. It will help attract more people, which gives a greater probability of the applicants being good pilots. That doesn't mean current lowly regional pilots aren't good pilots, though.

I agree. The FAA should force all regional pilots to take 709 rides to prove there competency in the RJ and in basic flying skills. If they don't pass, revoke there lisence permanently.

But ANY major airline pilot that busts a 709 ride gets additional trining and returnes to the line!

So, much for the CJC upgrade interview program...I hope that is also discuessed at the hearing. I never agreed with that, and always felt you hired people that had command potential when newly-hired. And, thats NOT a function of flight time, type ratings or method/location of training.

Latest resources

Back