• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Avros are gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
detoxj.......keep picking up that open time buddy. sooner or later you will wake up.

DetoXJ said:
A 4 year FO averaging 90 credit per month makes $40K. Throw in some extra OT and a premium pay trip here and there and you are easily up to $50K. 4 Year FO's aren't "few and far between".

What about the 3 year FO's? 2 year FO's? 1year FO's? They don't deserve to make a decent living? Obviously not in your eyes.

Just as long as you can make your 70,000 grand right!

detoxj you do need to wake up, look at what you said, it takes FOUR YEARS to make 40K, how in the heck are you supposed to support your family on that when in order to make that amount, you have to sell your life to the airline. And that is your fourth year pay as an FO, how about the other three years? I agree with the mesaba pilots who say Not one penny.

I thnk its BS when the DTW FO last night suggested that only the Captains take a pay cut. The last contract awarded HUGE gains for the FOs; I saw minor gains. Whatever....Now these guys have the balls to suggest the captains give it up so the FOs keep their gains. No Way! We all take the hit EVENLY across the board. I don't give a shite how much money they make. Everyone feels the pain. Quit crying.

Last edited:
DetoXJ said:
A 4 year FO averaging 90 credit per month makes $40K. Throw in some extra OT and a premium pay trip here and there and you are easily up to $50K. 4 Year FO's aren't "few and far between".

A 4 year FO at XJ would have to credit around 1470 hours annually to make $50,000 in a year. Thats crediting 122.5 hours per month. Just my opinion but 122.5 hours per month is more than just a little OT and a premium trip here and there. Judging from my friends at Mesaba a four year FO that works his line will make about $36,000-$37,000 per year.

DoingTime......you are correct......

for 4+ years as an FO, I never earned more the 40k on a w-2. and I averaged 85+ hours a month...with some months at 100hrs or more. Detoxj is out of touch. when we all walk, he will be looking around wondering were everyone went....it is sad!

Smarta$$ said:
What about the 3 year FO's? 2 year FO's? 1year FO's? They don't deserve to make a decent living? Obviously not in your eyes.

Just as long as you can make your 70,000 grand right!

We all started flying for that kind of money. Do you expect the $70000 captain to feel sorry for the junior FOs? You have to start somewhere. There are no guarantees in life. If you came to XJ expecting a quick upgrade and $70,000, you're wrong. I expected to be making $125,000 by this time in my career. Should I demand FOs give up so I can get my pay raise?

Crunch the #'s any way you want. We all know that there are plenty of FO's in the XJ ranks who are pulling down $40K - $50K. I have never said that 1st, 2nd & 3rd year FO's don't deserve more. We all deserve to be making 100K+ per year and we all deserve weekends and holidays off and we all deserve 18 days off per month. So what! It's not about what we deserve. Marines in Iraq deserve more and so do school teachers, so what. We will all share the pain and for some FO to suggest that only Captains take the hit is ridiculous. ALPA is actively negoiating concessions, deal with it.

DetoXJ,

I am one of the recently upgraded, recently downgraded captains(5.5 years at the company) and my 2005 W2 broke 40,000 for the first time. I have averaged 875 flying hours per year since I've been here. You don't know what you are talking about. If you insist on posting your crap and trying to drive the wedge between us, the only people you are helping is the company. Maybe you should win a Gordy Newstrom Award for helping the company achieve its goals.

screw again,

You and DetoXJ should be paired together for the rest of your XJ career - you can celebrate that you both make enough money to actually buy food and keep a roof over your head. I hope you enjoy screwing your fellow employees with the attitude.

Last edited:
fly4ever said:
DetoXJ,

I am one of the recently upgraded, recently downgraded captains(5.5 years at the company) and my 2005 W2 broke 40,000 for the first time. I have averaged 875 flying hours per year since I've been here. You don't know what you are talking about. If you insist on posting your crap and trying to drive the wedge between us, the only people you are helping is the company. Maybe you should win a Gordy Newstrom Award for helping the company achieve its goals.

screw again,

You and DetoXJ should be paired together for the rest of your XJ career - you can celebrate that you both make enough money to actually buy food and keep a roof over your head. I hope you enjoy screwing your fellow employees with the attitude.

How the hell am I screwing my fellow employees? Just because I made more money than you last year doesn't mean I should take the cuts so you can continue your lifestyle while I take my hit and your hit as well? I know its not easy to swallow, but it is not fair to suggest the captains take the only cuts. Keep up your attitude and you will take a pay cut when you finally upgrade to captain for the second time. Careful about what you wish for. You will someday work under the wages you fight for now. Then when you upgrade, you will complain about the tiny payraise for being captain. I can hear it now,"I have all the responsiblilty of this ship and they gave me a $4 raise. We have to fix the captain payscales on the next contract!"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back