The Avros are gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bri5150 said:
Why wouldn't they have done that from the beginning. Just because the Avros are going quicker, they feel the need to screw us more? That doesn't make much sense. They would try to take every penny from the beginning!

I don't have all the answers. But, just maybe, XJ doesn't always know whats happening over at NWA. Maybe somethings just changed recently, I don't know. Maybe they want more...

screwed_again said:
Just heard from a reliable source inside the G.O., the Avros are gone this summer! That just came down from NWA on Monday. That's why the "Realignment Notice" was canceled today because they need to alter the language in the 1113c to ease the pain from all the training for the remaning Saabs. The new Vacancy/realignment notice comes out after the ruling on the 1113c. Good luck XJ!

I call bullsh*t.

If they were going away quicker, they wouldn't hang on to high priced Avro pilots. This sounds more like the Avros staying.

Bohica!!!!

Screwed is on to something - why play nice with a realignment when you can seat lock the most expensive guys for 2 years, make their life miserable doing APN-CIU high-speeds, change the work rules and watch them quit/pick them off one by one!!
By the way, we'll have to come up with something better than "not one cent" - it serves well as a battle cry, but the Judge won't hear it!

Talk to the reps and get a feel for what they're up against! This one has union busting written all over it!

Bottom line: NWA MEC won't bat an eye when they bend us over and go at it!!!

Rossa said:
By the way, we'll have to come up with something better than "not one cent" - it serves well as a battle cry, but the Judge won't hear it!

Talk to the reps and get a feel for what they're up against! This one has union busting written all over it!

Bottom line: NWA MEC won't bat an eye when they bend us over and go at it!!!

Then how about all together now WE ALL QUIT!!!

WMUSIGPI said:
Then how about all together now WE ALL QUIT!!!

Or in fine XJ pilot fasion... Seeeeya!!! No, no... we really mean it this time, Seeeya. No, wait, I think we're serious, I'm actually thinking about quitting. Well, at least I'm thinking about quitting. I really might be upset this time.

Or as the last CA I flew with put it, "I think we should take this and live to fight another day." Uh, yeah, like the last time? Oh, wait, maybe the time before that... Oh! Nope. Maybe... hm... oh well.

MOST XJers are great! You will be missed. As for the CA that think this is a good idea to take this, enjoy Foley and Spandex's company.

Cya,

CP

Good Luck where ever you end up C. Sorry to hear you are throwing in the towel and quitting. May you find greener pastures elsewhere.

"Smoke and mirrors," is what I heard repeated all fall from senior guys. They all sounded like Rainman.

Well guys, anyone still think this is all "smoke and mirrors"?

Avro aren't going

I call bullshit too. Funny how it is always announced that the Avro's are going away when we are at the end of negotiations. Heard this three times now. The sky is falling again. They aren't gonna go until the 70 seaters come (who gets them is still up in the air).

Chris9702l said:
I call bullshoot too. Funny how it is always announced that the Avro's are going away when we are at the end of negotiations. Heard this three times now. The sky is falling again. They aren't gonna go until the 70 seaters come (who gets them is still up in the air).

I still have no earthly idea on why we are negotiating anything at all.

Latest resources

Back