• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Avros are gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how many of us on this board will swallow our pride and work for XJ after the dust settles on this one??? Will the AVRO boys/girls quit when Spandex et al, lock them into the SAAB and gut their wages/benefits?
I think it's a sign of the times....................The Regionals are not a career anymore, just in case any of us felt that we could make a commitment to XJ!!

So, I was looking at my W2 today.. made over 70k.. flew less than 200 hours last year at XJ.. could I afford to take a pay cut. Sure. My buddy who is an FO flew his A$$ off and only made 30k. Can he afford to take a pay cut. NO! I will not vote for a contract that lowers the bar for the FOs. They can't afford it. If they want to stick 85 seats in the Avro and pay us what we are making now.. go for it. They need a little off the top with a snap back after all of this crap blows over, fine. Bring it down from the top. Not the bottom. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip.. or something like that.

I fly with plenty of FO's who make $40K - $50K. We all have a bit to give and it wont just come from the top.

Detox - Not to stir the pot here, but those FO's are few and far between. I flew almost 900 hours this year and my W2 was $26,060.15. But hey, if you think I've got alittle room to give... Ya know what... I don't have ANY room...

Not only that... There are plenty of captains here, who have been here for 7+ years that are just barely clearing 60K... Nah, I don't think we need to give anything...

Workin'Stiff said:
Detox - Not to stir the pot here, but those FO's are few and far between. I flew almost 900 hours this year and my W2 was $26,060.15. But hey, if you think I've got alittle room to give... Ya know what... I don't have ANY room...

Not only that... There are plenty of captains here, who have been here for 7+ years that are just barely clearing 60K... Nah, I don't think we need to give anything...

A 4 year FO averaging 90 credit per month makes $40K. Throw in some extra OT and a premium pay trip here and there and you are easily up to $50K. 4 Year FO's aren't "few and far between".

I worked my ass off as a 7+ year capt...w2= $57,000 and some change....

NO ROOM....PERIOD.

When detoxj gets bumped back to the saab and earns less on it then he did a few years ago he will learn. enjoy it well it last.

Schmiity

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back