The Avros are gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
airmasn said:
because the judge handed mesaba unions their ass in court...what do you suggest they do?

Don't bother. They are the ones still walking around with "gave in 98 due in 04 stickers" on their bags.

airmasn said:
because the judge handed mesaba unions their ass in court...what do you suggest they do?

Well, they are going to loose a lot of pilots. People can't afford to work for what Mesaba is willing to pay. The senior guys in MSP will have to sell their boats and the junior FO's will be in the welfare line.

I am glad we are helping fuel the race. Now everyone can blame us Mesaba pilots instead of Mesa for making the situation worse for the whole lot.

When the concession vote passes, everyone will claim to have not voted in favor of concessions. Just like our contract. I only flew with two Avro CA's that had enough sack to say they voted for it. Good for them; they did what they felt was right. The other weak dicks that voted yes never own up. The same will happen here. Everyone will be mad in the crewrooms, nobody voted for concessions, but yet it passed by 75%. Or maybe the union just "reports" the results as they see them.

Last edited:
Today in the crewroom I heard an FO say "I'd rather make 80% of my current salary than be at the bottom seniority list of another regional". It scares me to imagine how many are saying this or even thinking it.
I love to fly. Just not enough to deal with this shoot. Where do you draw the line? Wouldn't you be better off taking the extra money you'd make with another career and either rent or buy an ultralight/airplane to fly on the weekends?

What do you think?

I was just wondering here, I know I keep hearing everyone say "not one cent"... But if it really came down to giving a little or losing your job (due to an XJ shutdown) what does everyone think??? Is there a middle-ground here between what we want and what the company wants?? It REALLY sucks to give in AT ALL... but if it's between the imposed contract and what we want... what would be realistic for ALPA to propose in a situation such as this?? IF, and that's a big IF.... but IF we have to give a little... what is reasonable??? We sure don't want what the company proposes. Just looking for various opinions here. Thanks

XJTool,
You're obviously one of the seniors - what do most of your compadres say? I'm guessing "let's see what the union can get out of this"........Then what??

I think (personally) that we don't have a choice this time! We will take what we are given or leave!!
What will you do???

By the way, how would you answer if asked..."How did you vote last time?"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back