• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks AirTran MEC!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heres an idea! If your only concern is what seat you sit in and how long it takes you to get there, quit and go get on with a commuter or corporate job where you can rapidly advance to the left seat and campout there for the remainder of your career! Nobody is forced to work at SWA! It is a choice which we all control.

It seems almost pointless to post anything on this topic, but I felt the need to say something, at least. I see no reason to be completely ugly and unprofessional to each other even when the official details come out and it is not what you want or expected. Doing so only adds to the stress and tension of this whole process that was initially played way up as "One Luv" and happy to have the AT crew members aboard. This acquisition was a decision at the corporate level and above the pay grade of anyone on this forum, most likely. It is shocking to see the level to which some pilots on both sides of the fence have lowered themselves to with the comments made. Someday you might have to share a cockpit with each other.

We all want the best for ourselves, our families, and our companies. Not every person is going to get what he or she wants out of this deal; seniority will be lost, upgrades delayed, bases changed, etc. We need to realize this and stop the hostile, negative vibes. Wait for the official SLI to come out and then take a good hard look at it, using your brain and not your emotions or ego. Think about what it is like for the pilots in the other group. Let's get this SLI done in a fair manner and move towards our common goals; both sides are on the verge of much bigger and better things with plenty of the rewards to go around in the future.

I certainly hope that there are more of you out there that feel this way. I am sure there are. Take the time to voice your opinion here.

Cheers to the future.

Best Post around here in several weeks!!!!!

It seems almost pointless to post anything on this topic, but I felt the need to say something, at least. I see no reason to be completely ugly and unprofessional to each other even when the official details come out and it is not what you want or expected. Doing so only adds to the stress and tension of this whole process that was initially played way up as "One Luv" and happy to have the AT crew members aboard. This acquisition was a decision at the corporate level and above the pay grade of anyone on this forum, most likely. It is shocking to see the level to which some pilots on both sides of the fence have lowered themselves to with the comments made. Someday you might have to share a cockpit with each other.

We all want the best for ourselves, our families, and our companies. Not every person is going to get what he or she wants out of this deal; seniority will be lost, upgrades delayed, bases changed, etc. We need to realize this and stop the hostile, negative vibes. Wait for the official SLI to come out and then take a good hard look at it, using your brain and not your emotions or ego. Think about what it is like for the pilots in the other group. Let's get this SLI done in a fair manner and move towards our common goals; both sides are on the verge of much bigger and better things with plenty of the rewards to go around in the future.

I certainly hope that there are more of you out there that feel this way. I am sure there are. Take the time to voice your opinion here.

Cheers to the future.

Control C - check
Control V - check

Ever feel like you read something twice?

Then I have done what I set out to do.
It is easy to sit back and flame others, but being constructive and friendly towards one another is just as easy if you have the right frame of mind.

Again, I'm no hater. However, the arrogance exhibited here by LRJ and some other SWA individuals is astounding. That's what I mean by the "fighter pilot mentality."

United pilots acted like that once upon a time.

SWA is king of the hill for now. For now....

Believe me when I tell you, SWA and it's pilots couldn't be less comparable with united and their pilots. A whole different management, culture within our group, culture companywide, truly, an entirely different experience.

But good try.

You probe your hater mode with the "...for now."
Of course, but I'll bet you a Benjamin we'll be king for a while. A long, long while.

Of course, but I'll bet you a Benjamin we'll be king for a while. A long, long while.

Hope so. Your "fighter pilot" egos couldn't stand any less. BTW, I just saw the list of city pairs the "king" is pulling out of.

I guess the "king" just couldn't compete.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back