• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks AirTran MEC!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A career at SWA. If this goes to Arbitration there is a very real chance SWA will never integrate AirTran.

Oh, please. Who do you think you're threatening with that red herring? Do you seriously think SWA will dump the entire merger if it goes to an arbitrator?

In fact, that's probably what management would like to see. It keeps their skirts nice and clean if the SLI doesn't go their way. "Well, we said no SWA pilot would be hurt, but the arbitrator decided differently. Its not OUR fault...blame (insert name here)."

In the mean time you dorks launch all kinds of legal challenges at each other. The result of that? SWA operates AAI independently and saves a boatload of money on AAI pilot costs.

Do you all really want to become the new pickleballers? Poster boys for seniority grab greed, all the while working for MUCH less than you could be earning. USAir Easties are taking it in the wallet EVERY MONTH because they can't let go of the DoH devil.

That's a classic example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Do you really want to go down that road?

Last edited:
Oh, please. Do you seriously think SWA will dump the entire merger if it goes to an arbitrator?

No, SWA wouldn't stop the ACQUISITION. What would happen is that the AAI pilots would have nothing to do with it.

You need to learn your SWA history and read up on Transtar/Muse. SWA has done this before, and they will do it again. Gary will protect his employees first and foremost. AAI pilots ARE NOT employees or SWA. Yet. Whether they get to be a SWA employee is up to them.

Nope, just the 717's.

They're going to dump the 717s in any case. They bought AAI for two things...ATL and the 737 order book. Every one of those AAI orders can be easily converted to -800s, allowing SWA to "jump the line" in order to get the airplanes they really want.

AAI pilots need to realize that if there is no SLI agreement when the 717s start departing, they'll get furloughed and end up stapled to the bottom of the SWA list in any case.

Getting this thing done expeditiously is in EVERYONE'S interest.

Do you all really want to become the new pickleballers? Poster boys for seniority grab greed, all the while working for MUCH less than you could be earning. USAir Easties are taking it in the wallet EVERY MONTH because they can't let go of the DoH devil.

That's a classic example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Do you really want to go down that road?

I would ask the same thing of you.

They is a very good reason pilots were bailing on AAI left and right. Many came to SWA.

Name one pilot that left SWA to come to AAI.

Just one.

Listen, LRJ, I know all about Transtar/Muse/Morris. What you seem to forget is those are ANCIENT history. There have been a few changes in the industry in the last 20 years, Bond/McCaskill being first and foremost.

You are already too far down the merger path to back out now because of a pilot seniority dispute. SWA has always been great about employee relations, but if you think anyone in the puzzle palace gives a rat's ass about where YOU fall on the seniority list, you're living in a dream world, Ace.

All any airline manager cares about is having enough butts to fill the seats.

I would ask the same thing of you.

They is a very good reason pilots were bailing on AAI left and right. Many came to SWA.

Hey, I don't work for either company. Just trying to inject some reason into the conversation.

You really need to check your ego at the door. You're no better or worse than any other pilot in the U.S. with an ATP, you've just had a bit too much Canyon Blue Kool-Aid.

AAI pilots can bring a lot of new blood into the incestuous "fighter pilot" mentality that tends to pervade the SWA "culture". Want examples? Look no farther than Capt. Taylor's "3G" radio show. Sadly, that's you guys in a nutshell.

Listen, LRJ, I know all about Transtar/Muse/Morris. What you seem to forget is those are ANCIENT history. There have been a few changes in the industry in the last 20 years, Bond/McCaskill being first and foremost.

You are already too far down the merger path to back out now because of a pilot seniority dispute. SWA has always been great about employee relations, but if you think anyone in the puzzle palace gives a rat's ass about where YOU fall on the seniority list, you're living in a dream world, Ace.

All any airline manager cares about is having enough butts to fill the seats.

Bond/MaCaskill only deals with SLI awards. Implementation is another matter all together. If you think you are going to come to SWA and tell our management how to do ANYTHING you are dreaming.

But go ahead, look a gift horse in the mouth and turn this SLI deal down. PLEASE. It would be a dream come true for me.

But go ahead, look a gift horse in the mouth and turn this SLI deal down. PLEASE. It would be a dream come true for me.

Of course it would. But then, you're one of those numbskulls walking around with "Hired not Acquired" bag tags and staples all over your ID. I've seen you in the airport.

What a piece of work.

Latest resources

Back