• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank-you Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh so you would kill a coworker just because of his or mayne her opinion?? Awesome man! I pay my 2% just like everyone else so I can have an opinion

Kill? It was a figure of speech. I've told you many times that you can always call me or the other reps and tell us what your thoughts are. I will always listen to them and treat you with respect, even though I most likely won't agree with you. I'm sure you would agree that your opinion stated in this thread is of an extremely small minority of the DTW pilot group, wouldn't you?

Kill? It was a figure of speech. I've told you many times that you can always call me or the other reps and tell us what your thoughts are. I will always listen to them and treat you with respect, even though I most likely won't agree with you. I'm sure you would agree that your opinion stated in this thread is of an extremely small minority of the DTW pilot group, wouldn't you?

it's definitely in the minority of all PCL pilots.

Oh so you would kill a coworker just because of his or mayne her opinion?? Awesome man! I pay my 2% just like everyone else so I can have an opinion
No, not kill... You know as well as I do that he was exaggerating.

However, the guys in the crew room telling you where to shove it and your Captain for the rest of the month ensuring that you throw the gear, work the radios, and do no flying as punishment would certainly be in order for such a pu*sy wimp attitude as yours.

Yes, I am intimately familiar with your FOM; refer to the lovely section that says, 'The Captain is under no obligation, nor should the first officer expect, to swap flying every other leg'.

Attitudes such as yours are why this profession is most certainly doomed to a continual downward slide until it's not worth working at anymore. Once you make it to a 'Major', I'm sure you'll grow a pair, right?

I doubt it.

That is the reason airline pilots are doomed to low wages. What happens when you get a job at a major and management tries to stick you with a crappy contract? Where will you go then? All these contracts have outside implications and until somebody walks there will be no changing the downward spiral. But hey enjoy that 32 dollars per hour, where I live that wont support a family.
Bingo. Which is why I and many of my coworkers I know are developing outside businesses / careers and making this something we do to scratch our flying itch. The YES voters keep dragging it all down, no one wants to make a stand, and management laughs all the way to the bank.

Hell, my $43 an hour 1st year pay doesn't support a family, airTran is my part-time job; I drop as many days as possible to make REAL MONEY elsewhere, give my opinion on contract needs to my rep, and wait to vote in something LIVABLE here. Can't IMAGINE trying to survive on even less...

But any Mesaba pilot can hold his/her head high, and be proud of our mec and negotiators.
I wouldn't go that far... YOU can hold your head up high if you voted NO. If you voted YES after the chest-pounding that was going on here for the last year+, then you pretty much gotta eat your words. There's not that much to be proud OF.

Do the snap-back provisions in 4 years to current wages ALSO include COLA increases at the same time? No? that means in 4 years you'll be making what you do now, NOT ADJUSTED for 4 year's worth of inflation. At 3% per year that's around 13%, give or take. That's what most people don't understand, if your wage snap-backs don't adjust for increases in equivalent cost of living (inflation), then you're STILL working for less all the way around.

If you do this every contract, you get contracts that do nothing but take you BACK to what you were working for by the time they are amendable and make NO forward progression.

That said, no one else has the right to bash you for it or to try to deny jumpseats or any other such nonsense. 68% of you said you could live with this; that's your decision to make, even if many of us feel it was the wrong one, and we have no right to penalize you in some way for it, but this is a message board and if I want to say I believe it was the wrong choice, I have that right as well.

To the 32% of you that voted NO, good for you, I'm proud of your resolve and am sad that it wasn't shared by more of your coworkers. I wish there was a way to publicly verify your NO vote, would make a great bag sticker,,, :D

best in the red tail fleet
Something to be proud of.

Funniest thing I've read in awhile.

KMOX:
I'm going to send you a x-mas present. A set of ceramic "Flightinfo balls".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do the snap-back provisions in 4 years to current wages ALSO include COLA increases at the same time? No? that means in 4 years you'll be making what you do now, NOT ADJUSTED for 4 year's worth of inflation. At 3% per year that's around 13%, give or take. That's what most people don't understand, if your wage snap-backs don't adjust for increases in equivalent cost of living (inflation), then you're STILL working for less all the way around.

Sure it’s a bad deal to be in. If you refuse to look at what could have happened you’re off the mark. The imposed terms would have dragged the industry even lower. XJ will still have a contact that 9E hopes to get. If you think that the imposed terms which would be in place for a least a year while the courts fight it out would not do more damage to PCL, ASA, CMR, and TSA you are mistaken. So if this is all about pulling people down, they bottomed it out. (with hands tied) A lot easier now that the bottom has flattened out for the others to climb back up.

People wonder why we don't want a union at SkyWest. That ladies and gentlemen is a big reason right there.

If the typical SkyWest pilot has that dumb attitude regarding compensation and work rules... well they deserve a blanket party too.

How's that 70+ seat pay rate coming?

Turbo

Sure it’s a bad deal to be in. If you refuse to look at what could have happened you’re off the mark. The imposed terms would have dragged the industry even lower.
But only until the company exited bankruptcy. After that you would be free to engage in self-help immediately without going to the NMB as you would be working under imposed work rules, NOT a contract.

But your MEC probably didn't make that point abundantly clear during the road shows, so I'm not surprised you fail to mention it.

XJ will still have a contact that 9E hopes to get.
BBBWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ROFLMFAO !!

When I was a 9E I thought your contract was GARBAGE. I looked at it and, from my standpoint on 5th yr CRJ CA rates, even with your work rules compared to what I was already flying, your paycheck was only 3-5% more than mine.

AND THAT WAS THEN !!!

Under your new rules your pilots will make substantially less, INCLUDING WORK RULES, than a -9E pilot of the same seniority. EVEN WHEN (IF) you guys get CRJ's, your work rules added to the cut rates won't top PCL year for year. If the MEC told you differently, they blatantly lied.

If you think that the imposed terms which would be in place for a least a year while the courts fight it out would not do more damage to PCL, ASA, CMR, and TSA you are mistaken.
That's your opinion.

My opinion is that you're completely wrong and that, by MSA pilots ACCEPTING these new rates, it is now MUCH worse in negotiations than some imposed wage cut that can be challenged the moment MSA steps out of bankruptcy. At least THEN the PCL MEC could argue to the company that the MSA rates shouldn't be considered because they aren't agreed wages. Now, they can't do that, and have to take your cuts into consideration...

So if this is all about pulling people down, they bottomed it out. (with hands tied) A lot easier now that the bottom has flattened out for the others to climb back up.
What the fu*k are you SMOKING??!!

That's NOT how negotiations work. Do you have even the SLIGHTEST clue what you're talking about ??!!

Does anyone else understand that last statement? Something about now that we know where the bottom is, it's somehow EASIER for everyone else to climb above it? Didn't you say something about your new contract (concessions) being better than current book at -9E, but now you say this new contract is the bottom?

Which is it?

WTF?

Last edited:
But only until the company exited bankruptcy. After that you would be free to engage in self-help immediately without going to the NMB as you would be working under imposed work rules, NOT a contract.

That's yet another untested legal theory. We don't know what a judge would have done in that case. Based on recent history, I think the unfortunate truth is that a judge most likely would have ordered the pilots back to work.

Back the PAC!!!!!!!

oh oh, watch out! crew scheduling is watching you! :) I think they will Jr man you if they catch you on line in this forum! ha ha.....hi j...... :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back