• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank-you Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Voting No would have resulted in a great loss of pay. Ultimately, the airline would be working under this contract. Simply put, you either accept it or quit. If enough people quit, and they can't find people to cover the flying, wages will go up.

lets see, ia m a three to four year FO on teh saab and with the new contract will be making 32 and some change........now.....oh and did i mention that my work rules are a lot better than most? Did i also mention our min day is the best in the red tail fleet?

And to those of you who said we sold out, do you know how badly our hands are tied in the courts? We cannot legally strike, if we do not agree to something.....and to those of you who know the specifics of this deal, its really not that bad.....it sucks yes, since the bankruptcy is a sham......but in the courts, in todays corporate bias system, we have no choice. yes, we could all walk off the job, but i am not going to asa or skywest and make 19 an hour, thats not paying my morgage......will you help us all pay our morgage? What will you do when this happens to you? From what i hear is that ALPA said they would back all those Eastern guys and look what happened to them! Whne my house burns down, i do not stay in it....as with this company, its burning down and many are leaving, and most are trying. I feel that i can live with this for the next few years til something better comes along.......my choice and its my choice, that i will stay in the industry until i can get a better airline job, period. Now if you want to say something to me, do it in the terminal, ia m like any MEsaba pilot......and we are good people stuck in a bad situation......and making the best of it. Now shut up and quit your job....if you are shouting the loudest in these forums....that will send a message that you are strong.......do it, just quit....do what you are tellign us to do. see where you will be, what your options are.

There were good reasons to vote on this either way.
Some felt an extreme opposition to the pohlad/steenland/foley/spanjers bankruptcy fraud was in order, and wanted to see the appeals of the 1113c and strike injunction go forward.

Others looked at the wage recovery(current book by year 4), raises beyond amendable date(unprecedented), and the 14.2 million dollar claim, and the health care terms in writing(an improvement) and saw that pushing the legal envelope further was not worth the risk. They said ". I am mad, but can live with this".

Yes, the company came to our negotiators at imposition deadline and gave back much of their demands in exchange for duration. We could have rolled the dice and dared them to impose, but these people, and the MEC are OBLIGATED to try for a deal that will preserve jobs while maintaining industry standards. You are free to pound your chest and yell NO for yourself, but the MEC and NC are not. The vote, in the end, is YOURS.

Reality: we won two out of four court hearings (Two 1113c hearings, a district court appeal, and a strike injunction hearing). The courts are barely more respectful of us than is mgmt. It is a highly biased environment. Judge Kishel despises the unions, that is clear.
If you want to really concern yourself, get our job protection(scope), minimum day, trip guarantee, short and long-term disability, and 401K provisions into YOUR next contract.

Myself, I voted "no", and am trying to get out, as there is no future here, unless you are very senior. Too many who can't or won't get out.
But any Mesaba pilot can hold his/her head high, and be proud of our mec and negotiators.

Thanks for the support from many, others should save their breath and support the Comair pilots, who are next. Good Luck Comair, give them hell!!

lets see, ia m a three to four year FO on teh saab and with the new contract will be making 32 and some change........now.....oh and did i mention that my work rules are a lot better than most? Did i also mention our min day is the best in the red tail fleet?

And to those of you who said we sold out, do you know how badly our hands are tied in the courts? We cannot legally strike, if we do not agree to something.....and to those of you who know the specifics of this deal, its really not that bad.....it sucks yes, since the bankruptcy is a sham......but in the courts, in todays corporate bias system, we have no choice. yes, we could all walk off the job, but i am not going to asa or skywest and make 19 an hour, thats not paying my morgage......will you help us all pay our morgage? What will you do when this happens to you? From what i hear is that ALPA said they would back all those Eastern guys and look what happened to them! Whne my house burns down, i do not stay in it....as with this company, its burning down and many are leaving, and most are trying. I feel that i can live with this for the next few years til something better comes along.......my choice and its my choice, that i will stay in the industry until i can get a better airline job, period. Now if you want to say something to me, do it in the terminal, ia m like any MEsaba pilot......and we are good people stuck in a bad situation......and making the best of it. Now shut up and quit your job....if you are shouting the loudest in these forums....that will send a message that you are strong.......do it, just quit....do what you are tellign us to do. see where you will be, what your options are.

That is the reason airline pilots are doomed to low wages. What happens when you get a job at a major and management tries to stick you with a crappy contract? Where will you go then? All these contracts have outside implications and until somebody walks there will be no changing the downward spiral. But hey enjoy that 32 dollars per hour, where I live that wont support a family.

Wow....I didn't know we had any pu$$y wimps in Detroit.

Trust me, he represents a very small minority. If he walked into the DTW crew room and said the same thing in front of the other DTW pilots, then he'd be lucky if he made it out the door alive. :uzi:

What does ALPA do with 2% anyway? Wouldn't they pay something substantial to a striking pilot group? If not, get rid of them, turn over a new leaf and move forward.
Regardless of how/why you voted, ALPA won NOTHING with this and every other contract it has signed off on recently. Time to get rid of the leach!

Trust me, he represents a very small minority. If he walked into the DTW crew room and said the same thing in front of the other DTW pilots, then he'd be lucky if he made it out the door alive. :uzi:

That's for sure. When I went up there for the picketing event, I was very impressed by the turnout and the attitude.

What guys like him need to learn is what happens at one airline effects all the other pilot groups as well. Even if he goes from 9E to UPS or FEDEX, a bad contract here will help pull down future wages and lifestyle.

I'll see you two in MEM....

Turbo

Oh so you would kill a coworker just because of his or mayne her opinion?? Awesome man! I pay my 2% just like everyone else so I can have an opinion

People wonder why we don't want a union at SkyWest. That ladies and gentlemen is a big reason right there.

Latest resources

Back