• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank God for AMR Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As an innocent bystander on furlough during this mess, I just want to thank all the AMR pilots for finally standing up to the continual degradation of this profession!

It may not end pretty, but the actions these guys have taken in the face of adversity is absolutely amazing and admirable. We all owe our collective "future" contracts to these men and women who have stood proud and defied what is likely to be an ugly barrage by the media and company alike.

I for one, though I may never see the benefits, appreciate what you have done for the future pilots of this industry.

I'll be watching from my lofty retirement perch as this all plays out, but know that my prayers and well-wishes are for a better future...for all pilots!

+1

If I see you guys in the hotel bar, all beers are on me. As proud as I am for what my fellow professional pilots are standing up for at AA, I am ashamed by some of the other pilots on this thread for admitting that they are a bunch of "yes" men who would cave no matter what. Disgusting...

As an innocent bystander on furlough during this mess, I just want to thank all the AMR pilots for finally standing up to the continual degradation of this profession!

It may not end pretty, but the actions these guys have taken in the face of adversity is absolutely amazing and admirable. We all owe our collective "future" contracts to these men and women who have stood proud and defied what is likely to be an ugly barrage by the media and company alike.

I for one, though I may never see the benefits, appreciate what you have done for the future pilots of this industry.

I'll be watching from my lofty retirement perch as this all plays out, but know that my prayers and well-wishes are for a better future...for all pilots!

+1!
And for all you knobs out there saying stupid $hit like, "oh, the pilots are too greedy and they ruined the airline blah blah blah", you live under a rock and are just plain clueless; truly spineless and whiskey deltas! Any CEO/upper management that blames labor for the company's failure do not belong in that position. None of these executives care to be accountable for their actions, instead blame the employees. They are as incompetent as the replacement refs in the NFL!

"I for one, though I may never see the benefits, appreciate what you have done for the future pilots of this industry."

Are you referring to the B scale?

Pilots killing an airline is not good for: MX, FA's, CS agents, rampers, dispatchers, ect, ect, ect. You can't only think about yourselves. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see you guys/gals screwed over...... but think about others too.
If there ever was any question as to whom is essential in an airline operation this answers it. Every one of those employee groups can be outsourced of easily replaced, even Crandall says pilots are the hinge pins. You wanna operate, by all means have a ramper or F/A fly the plane otherwise all that aluminum is good for nothing but beer cans....

Ops check, Otto and snowboard, are you guys really this stupid or just ignorant? You are aware of the fact that the only reason the AA pilots are pushed to do what they are doing is because of the actions of their management, right? Management was up by 20 points with 30 seconds left and the ball on the 1 yard line, all they had to do was kneel down and assure victory. Instead they scored the TD, then a 2 point conversion, then kicked onside successfully and are going for another TD! The pilot's actions will not put AA out of business because management has HUGE bonuses riding on their exit of BK. The whole thing is a sham and the pilots are saying ENOUGH! It is a shame that other work groups are and passengers are caught up in the whole thing but once again the blame lies fully on mgt overreach.

And another question for the naysayers, do you blame the massacre of thousands of innocents in Syria on the rebels? After all, if they had continued to bend over and take it from the Assad regime a lot more people would be alive. So a couple kids were tortured to death by the government for spray painting walls, who cares? :(

pilot ego + union = no food on table but stupid pride still intact.

funny stuff.

the job action will come back to bite you guys.

J.Otto, on knees gobbling man goo

Funny stuff

Pride, honor and dignity are not just words in the dictionary, for many, they are traits that cannot be taken, they have to be given up willingly(like you have), you obviously think that kneeling before management pogues will yield something more than the mouth full of that you man goo you relish so much....

SnowBoardBum and J. Otto-if I knew who you were, I'd spit in your #@!*#*! face.

Ops check good-grow some balls and only give your opinion if it has some value.

If it isn't obvious, I'm truly growing a hate for some of the idiots on these forums.

I hate that I have to share this profession with such honorless pieces of #*@!

Any CEO/upper management that blames labor for the company's failure do not belong in that position.
SkyBus proved that employee wages are never the reason an airline fails.
They are as incompetent as the replacement refs in the NFL!
I've always said pro sports and airlines are the only places that you can be fired for incompetence one day and hired by another team/airline the next!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back