Thank God for AMR Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

magrs

As an innocent bystander on furlough during this mess, I just want to thank all the AMR pilots for finally standing up to the continual degradation of this profession!

It may not end pretty, but the actions these guys have taken in the face of adversity is absolutely amazing and admirable. We all owe our collective "future" contracts to these men and women who have stood proud and defied what is likely to be an ugly barrage by the media and company alike.

I for one, though I may never see the benefits, appreciate what you have done for the future pilots of this industry.

I'll be watching from my lofty retirement perch as this all plays out, but know that my prayers and well-wishes are for a better future...for all pilots!

Wow. Just wow......it amazes me that such complete ignorance runs rampant among the ranks of airline employees.

OK Snowboard, what do you suggest? Maybe these guys should work for free.

And before you answer, the pilot wages are a small precentage of the fare...so they are close to free anyway. Piss poor management for decades at AMR has caused this, nothing else. NOTHING.

Snowboard is obviously riding off the coat-tails of his well endowed father. Too bad that apple falls far from the tree. Pilot pay increases are good for EVERY pilot, even the latchkey kids!

Pilots killing an airline is not good for: MX, FA's, CS agents, rampers, dispatchers, ect, ect, ect. You can't only think about yourselves. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see you guys/gals screwed over...... but think about others too.

pilot ego + union = no food on table but stupid pride still intact.

funny stuff.

the job action will come back to bite you guys.

Some of you gents make it sound like AMR made a reasonable offer, I wonder if you have even seen that offer? I am thinking no!

AMR went for the brass ring, one which would have made the AA pilots amongst the lowest paid major airline pilots, while at the same time, completely gutting their work rules and benefits.

Having seen the protracted debacle with the last contract discussions, this would realistically have been for 8-10 years.

In 2002, the AA pilots gave massive concessions, now AMR want even bigger ones.

The AA pilots simply had no choice, AMR painted them into a corner.

Latest resources

Back