• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ten Years with the Ball & Chain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good Lord, Rocker, Get the hell outta the Millinocket woods and come to civilization!!!!!

Golden Banana?? Wow, there's history!

ozpilot said:
Wolf - are you planning on taking the kids? Thats going to be a major factor in your choice.

1 hour before the plane takesoff, the wiff and I are dropping the kids off at the Guilford County Social Services Building on Lee Street..........

That is unless anyone here wants them??

Thanks but no thanks. Don't worry social services will do just fine. Look how GR got brought up.

My wife hangs out with me because I take her to cool interesting places that aren't tourist traps.

Hawaii is the Jamaica of the west coast.

Common wolfy I know you can do better. How about tahiti? Whip out that big g pay and throw some cash down. :)

Ok, now that is the best idea to come out of Diesel in a long time.

Take her to Tahiti. After you do that you have a pass on anything for maybe a month. Hell you G whiz guys probably own a island out there and just are telling us.;)

Screw it, just go to Hawaii. She'll be happy, and send her off to the Mai Tai bar at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel (the Pink one) for Mai Tai's. I just got back Monday. They are doing lots of cool stuff (in Waikiki) and new buildings on Ohau.

You can be like me and hide under the pink & white umbrillas, checking out the "other" beach activities.

If you're going to ride that dang long on an airliner, might as well be worth it!

Go before school get's out of possible.

Or Ibeza, Spain.....
BTW they won't care if she is Irish...[

Hey Ironman, Ever thought about Trading it in for a newer sexier model????Congratulations Though!!!
Check out my post in the Non-Aviation forum, I just recently took a single guy's vacation to Rio...Man oh man no other country has the most beautiful women I have ever seen! I would'nt advise you to go to Rio w/ the wife...wayyyyyy to much eye candy!! Hell I'm on the verge of throwing rocks at single woman here in the states in comparison to what I saw over there!

Cash in the Hilton points, get a gift certificate from the Sharper Image and buy her a gas powered blender! Its practical, makes the best frozen drinks and you and your love can joke about for the rest of your married lives.

Thought you might, or might not, want some advice from a fellow "ball and chainer". I am assuming that since you are inquiring about this, you want to plan something special for both of you.

First, arrange grandparents, or whomever to take care of the kids. Also, since it sounds like you have 3 kids under 10, think of what would interest your wife. If she is totally burned out and talks all the time about relaxing, do the beach and spa thing that is suggested on here. If she talks about wanting to "see things" and gets jealous when you call her from some great place you just flew to (yes, I am speaking from experience) do the Italy trip (FYI - that would be my choice, but I've done the beach thing several times and Italy sounds sooo fabulous). If she likes to have things "done" for her, consider an Alaskan cruise. If she likes to be unique and do things that most others haven't done consider Australia. But study her first and try to find something that fits you both. The greatest "place" on earth won't be very fun if it isn't of interest to you both. And don't choose something you know you will hate because you both would be miserable. I would NEVER go on a spa vacation with my husband. He would be miserable so I would feel guilty the whole time which wouldn't be very relaxing.

Hope this helps some.

Alright you whinners and crybabies, heres the deal!

This August is the magic 10 year anniversary, and I (aka Archie Bunker) need to get this one right, or number 11 is going to be spent by myself in an apartment!!

Im cashing in some of my 600,000 hilton miles and my 300,000 Delta miles and I need to take her somewhere really really cool. She likes the beach, the sun, the hot rocks on your back, fu-fu drinks and all that crap. And I just want to sit at home and do nothing! But that aint gonna happen. I suck at this stuff... help a brother out!

The Caribbean and Hawaii are OUT! I was thinking of Greece or somewhere in the Med. or maybe Sydney...

Hows about some of dudes in touch with your 'Oprah side' give me some suggestions.... please?

Wolf
(wanted to take her to Sturgis on the new Electra Glide... didn't go over so well) :(

Ten years having sex with the same woman!! Beautiful.......well in a neutered sort of way...I guess my day will come too someday...

Wolfpack,
Haven't talked to you in while, hope all is well!

Took the family to Mallorca when we were stationed in GE. It was GREAT!

We flew into Palma, then rented a car and headed up the west coast (they call it the north coast) and rented a room in a hundred year old villa that the frau found in the Fodor's book. Sa Plana was the name of the villa and the town was Estellencs.

Ate fresh veggies out of their garden every day and they made us dinner with fresh fish out of the Med every night.

No TV, no radio, no phone, no email. Just good clean fun! ;)

My brother cashed in his hilton and usair points and took his wife to the maldives. Unbelievable. Sounds amazing. Also, friends just did a honeymoon to Bora Bora and Moorea. They said Bora Bora was awesome but Moorea not so much. Have fun. Have you considered Thailand. Ko Phi Phi?

Latest resources

Back