Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
Alright you whinners and crybabies, heres the deal!

This August is the magic 10 year anniversary, and I (aka Archie Bunker) need to get this one right, or number 11 is going to be spent by myself in an apartment!!

Im cashing in some of my 600,000 hilton miles and my 300,000 Delta miles and I need to take her somewhere really really cool. She likes the beach, the sun, the hot rocks on your back, fu-fu drinks and all that crap. And I just want to sit at home and do nothing! But that aint gonna happen. I suck at this stuff... help a brother out!

The Caribbean and Hawaii are OUT! I was thinking of Greece or somewhere in the Med. or maybe Sydney...

Hows about some of dudes in touch with your 'Oprah side' give me some suggestions.... please?

Wolf
(wanted to take her to Sturgis on the new Electra Glide... didn't go over so well) :(

Dubai. Delta serves Dubai I believe and there must be a real nice Hilton there. She will love the shopping.

The wife and I just got back from 2 fabulous weeks in Spain. It was awesome. The Spanish lifestyle (late dinners, bodegas, tapas, siestas) makes for a romantic getaway. I can't say enough good things about Spain. Nice Mediterranean beaches as well.

Greece is Good

You're going to get lots of great ideas. I can recommend Greece. There's a great Hilton in Athens. You wont' find much beach there, but it's worth the visit for the history, an up close and personal view of the Parthenon and Acropolis, and shopping in the Plaka. For a beach and a little more island flair, there's a Hilton on Rodos. Again, a location that is full of history, great food, beach and Greek hospitality without the hustle and bustle of a big city.

If you decide to do Greece, try to spend a couple days on Santorini. One of the most beautiful places on the planet, IMHO. I can recommend this hotel. It's in Pyros, on the south part of the island but an awesome place to spend a day or two.

I'll also recommend that you think a little outside the box. Having the air and hotel points in the bank is an awesome resource, but if she's anything like my wife she'll appreciate an effort that goes a bit further.

Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back