• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPALUV Video shocking or not!!???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I completely agree and as I said I expect us to all come to an agreement, have smores around the campfire, have group hugs and then get down to work.

Personally I am excited about our future.

Gup

Save me a seat around the campfire. However I will pass on the smores, but beers are always welcome!!

:beer:

As long as I get to be Luke, I'm good with you as Chewie. You can be my Wookie anytime man. :D

Luke? I was like 8 when this came out but Wasn't he trying to bang his sister, That's kind of a deep south thing (I know, he didn't know it was his sister, in the DEEP SOUTH, after you found out it wouldn't matter!)...And for the rest of your statement, It's somewhat gay sounding...Hans Solo was the Wookie's side kick AND got the girl.

Ty, at least with the PAY raise you can afford to get Laser treatment...I'm not flying anywhere with you where you want to go out to the pool wearing a Sweater. ;)

One weekend to go then it's off to destroy the Death Star in ATL (DAL).

KBB

Luke? I was like 8 when this came out but Wasn't he trying to bang his sister, That's kind of a deep south thing (I know, he didn't know it was his sister, in the DEEP SOUTH, after you found out it wouldn't matter!)
KBB

well, I *am* from TN so sure,,, I'm your huckleberry. ;) lol

Ty, at least with the PAY raise you can afford to get Laser treatment...I'm not flying anywhere with you where you want to go out to the pool wearing a Sweater. ;)

I can afford laser now, but why bother? I just roll with my "unfrozen cave man pilot" routine . . . chicks dig it. :laugh:

I think the video is accurate historically. If I were at Airtran I would be looking at the precedents here. Frontier got hosed by a self serving union president. They never knew a thing until the deal was rejected. Had they voted it might have gone down differently. Then again, maybe not based on the FI posts by the Frontier guys. Muse, which was acquired by SWA and became Transtar holdings, got hosed (by ALPA). They rejected SWAPA's offer and Herb operated them as a wholly owned subsidiary and drew them down. Morris is the only one who went along, and they made out well. They got stapled and are all happy campers at SWA now. If I'm an Airtran guy right now, I'm thinking "Let's get all we can, but don't piss this away." I wish the best to both sides. No one wants to get a raw deal, and I think most of us feel for the other guy's position. At the end of the day though, AT pilots have to ask themselves is it really worth losing the whole deal? On the street vs. pay protected at SWA with better benefits, 401k, more days off, huge pay raises for most, and on and on? ALPA may well kill the golden goose like they did with Muse. Arbitration or mutually agreed to SLI may not be the only two possible outcomes here. The video is an accurate historical demonstration of how that has gone in the past.

Crap, I was hoping to be the Wookie. Jabba, maybe, as long as I have the princess on a chain. ;-)

I don't think it is fair to compare AAI to F9, muse, or morris. Muse and morris were very small struggling startups and F9 was a niche player trying to make a run in Denver against a weak UAL and y'all. AAI is number 2 in the Worlds busiest airport and have been holding their own. I don't know what there share is in ATL but I would guess 20-30%. Swa will not and can not get a foothold in ATL (the worlds busiest airport)without AAI. Let's not forget their BWI operation. Does swa offer better pay, benefits etc? Yes. But we heard the same from the delta types about our (nwa) contract. After the fact, we have found a lot of flaws in that. As far as the threat of being on the street, that is BS. AAI will survive with or without swa.

I think the video is accurate historically. If I were at Airtran I would be looking at the precedents here. Frontier got hosed by a self serving union president. They never knew a thing until the deal was rejected. Had they voted it might have gone down differently. Then again, maybe not based on the FI posts by the Frontier guys. Muse, which was acquired by SWA and became Transtar holdings, got hosed (by ALPA). They rejected SWAPA's offer and Herb operated them as a wholly owned subsidiary and drew them down. Morris is the only one who went along, and they made out well. They got stapled and are all happy campers at SWA now. If I'm an Airtran guy right now, I'm thinking "Let's get all we can, but don't piss this away." I wish the best to both sides. No one wants to get a raw deal, and I think most of us feel for the other guy's position. At the end of the day though, AT pilots have to ask themselves is it really worth losing the whole deal? On the street vs. pay protected at SWA with better benefits, 401k, more days off, huge pay raises for most, and on and on? ALPA may well kill the golden goose like they did with Muse. Arbitration or mutually agreed to SLI may not be the only two possible outcomes here. The video is an accurate historical demonstration of how that has gone in the past.

http://www.swapaluv.com/graphic-depiction-of-transaction

Discuss.

My favorite part: is when the video points to - United Keeping the CAL tail as direct evidence as to why the AAI-LUV merger is different. Whilst in the previous slide agreeing the merger/acquisition strategy technique being used by CAL/UAL is the same. Really?

Is this a fear tactic? Or does this hold merit? You decide.......

With that position, you get binding arbitration without a doubt. Hopefully, the people in charge at SWAPA are smarter than that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back