• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Max Powers

http://www.swapaluv.com/graphic-depiction-of-transaction

Discuss.

My favorite part: is when the video points to - United Keeping the CAL tail as direct evidence as to why the AAI-LUV merger is different. Whilst in the previous slide agreeing the merger/acquisition strategy technique being used by CAL/UAL is the same. Really?

Is this a fear tactic? Or does this hold merit? You decide.......

Last edited:
Not very shocking, just pandering to their target audience. Just like watching Fox News or MSNBC, you know which side of the issues they are pushing.

I'm not sure I'd call it pandering. It's a rundown on how the deal works.

Let me ask you Kharma. What good does it do for SWAPA to "pander" to it's membership? We already have the job and the contract.

Gup

Let me ask you Kharma. What good does it do for SWAPA to "pander" to it's membership? We already have the job and the contract.

Gup

Noooo what good does it do for a Union to pander to their membership. Unions would never pander.........Are you kidding me???? Really? LMAO!

Last edited:
I don't go to that site, and my suggestion to my fellow AAI pilots is to stay away as well. SWALife will have a section for us up on Tuesday, get your news about the merger from our MC and SWA management.

The only thing about the video I'll say is that I don't believe that's a good approach for the long-term survival of the culture.

As for the rest, my comments on our private board say everything I need to say to the people that need to hear it. To the rest, my MC speaks for me.

Looking forward to having this all behind us, then, as has been said before, it's ON! :)

Last edited:

Gup

Calling it a "merger" or "acquisition" has no relevance in the eyes of the Merger Committee or Arbitrators. So yes, the video is pandering to those SWAPA pilots who feel that the distinction is important.

As far as THIS video... My comments on our private board say everything I need to say to the people that need to hear it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You don't hold any cards. Zilch. This website is run by SWA and supported by SWA.

Gup

Don' be fatuous, Gup. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back