SWAPALUV Video shocking or not!!???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70:

You are doing your fellow AirTran pilots a disservice by advising them not to watch the video on swapaluv.com.

AirTran's pilots need to understand their worst-case scenario.

V1

V1-

Do you seriously believe that some video put together by 3rd graders is going to make a real difference in what anyone believes? Do you know AirTran pilots history? Some propaganda passed on a slanted website (regardless if it is educational info or not; IMO-NOT) gonna make them drop the ranks against their NC and all of a sudden drink the SWAPA kool-aid. Don't think so--these guys are hardcore. What was it like over 90% strike vote? That saying all of my friends at AirTran just want a fair deal. Which is kind of funny bc the 8 or so guys I know at SWA say the same thing. So it makes me wonder is items such as this video, the bs tweets and accusations really neccessary from the SWAPA side?

I'm not going to discuss SLI but if you don't think there is a chance of Airtran being run separately and dissolved if this goes south then you are being naive. I honestly don't think it's going to come anywhere close to that but you ought to have a good idea what the other guy is holding if you're going to go all in.

4 days!

Gup

Sorry "Bro" - It's just your reputation proceeds yourself or I should say your posts. Excuse the sarcasm. The video contradicts itself. On one hand CAL/UAL is different on the other they are the same. I guess the movie is not only uninformative but kinda sad. And when I say sad: I say it is sad for the present SWAPA members. What I'm trying to say is that you guys can do better than that for yourselves and for the sake of our future company.

Although you may think this to be factual or informative. It is designed as a big insinuation. The video Insinuates or acquisition is similar to AMR and TWA which ended in a staple. In others words it is trying to say AAI should expect a staple which is the only logical conclusion.

The TWA guys were not stapled. I personally know two former TWA captains who are flying with AA as captains.
Jim

Ouch, this is starting to get painful to watch - especially Lear and Ty with their heads so far up their butts. Career hari-kari at its finest. From those of us on the sidelines, it's very clear that the Trannies will not be SWA unless they accept a staple.

I predict that its all just tough talk on FI and when push comes to shove (or a vote) these bozos will wake up.

I'm not going to discuss SLI but if you don't think there is a chance of Airtran being run separately and dissolved if this goes south then you are being naive. I honestly don't think it's going to come anywhere close to that but you ought to have a good idea what the other guy is holding if you're going to go all in.

4 days!

Gup

Excellent statement. It's a smart move to have ALL available info when negotiating, from the worse case scenario to the best.

Head in the sand is not a strong position.

The problem with this video is that it divides the two pilot groups. Why illustrate the far worst case scenario possible? If the Airtran MEC put out a video of justifying the need for straight relative seniority, because it is a "possibility", how would that make the SW pilots feel? Probably a bit disappointed that the MEC found the need to be so divisive. There are endless possibilities and it is destructive to culture to have videos like this that demonstrate the worst case scenarios. Tell me how this is a positive video?

Let me guess, Judging by the responder on SwapaLuv, he is an AT pilot...Not Smart!

Considering WHO REALLY KNOWS WHO OWNS THAT WEBSITE!!! and You have to use your REAL NAME to sign in! Don't think I'd put my name anywhere near that mess!

With the Typo's, I doubt its SWA or SWAPA...It may be a SWAPA pilot(s). Who Knows!

KBB

The video is incorrect, It shows Airtran as having a market cap of 1 billion dollars, that number is only that high because of the Southwest purchase. The Friday before the announcement the market cap was just over 620 Million.

Maxjack - is not a SWA Pilot.

Latest resources

Back