• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPALUV Video shocking or not!!???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not everyone in the left seat is going to stay in the left seat.

True dat!

I'm a bit concerned that many (Tranny Pilots) SW pilots have not been educated on the history of arbitrator's decisions of the last few decades, and they may be expecting something that could be unlikely.

Insert "Tranny Pilots" where he lists SW Pilots. The price of oil going up, the way the "deal" is going to be made with holding companies, injects a lot of reality into the equation. The Trannys have the most to lose. This is a fact.

Ask any Transtar dude.

That being said, I do think it will work out, honestly.

We are very protective of what we have here at Southwest. None of you should be shocked that we take great pride in our Company, and I'm sure many of you will too once you get here. You just have to make it through the journey.

Working at Southwest will be a life changing event. You will live it.

In closing, I will add that I was disappointed yesterday in MDW, when I happen to walk out of the lounge and stumble onto a Tranny flight crew (3 FAs and a Captain). The Fas were very nice and engaged me in conversation right away. The Captain went to the opposite side of the hallway, it was obvious he didn't want to talk to me. As the guys on ESPN would say "Com'on Man!" - you think I was going to jump your a$$ about SLI? (This was 14:00-14:45 ish...I'm sure someone could look it up...is this guy that shy?) :cartman:

Funnyman12:

I think you are forgetting what this thread is about. Watch the video. There's a link on the first post.

V1

Did you even read my post??

Yeah, I read the post. Blah, blah, blah, I believe strongly that AAI pilots should be grateful to be stapled, blah, blah, blah. Then you agree with a poster that points out that ther were no where near the posts of this type with NW/DL or UAL/CAL. Good luck with your personal mission of dealing with it, sounds like you will need it in overcoming your "personal opinion".

Yeah, apparently you only read the part you were afraid of. Iow- get a life and go enjoy it- SLI bs is boring at best

"Dissolved if this goes south" Now do you really want that? 10 to 15 years from now, we might look back at this video and say this was the beginning of the end of SW. I think you should call up SWAPA and ask them if they want this. Take a look at your next door neighborAMR...nothing but bad karma. What company do you want to compete against Delta in Hotlanta...divide SWA or a united SWA?

I completely agree and as I said I expect us to all come to an agreement, have smores around the campfire, have group hugs and then get down to work.

Personally I am excited about our future.

Gup

Herc Driver
I suggest you don’t talk about things you know nothing about.

58% of the TWA pilots were stapled. Some of the stapled pilots were captains.
The TWA pilots not stapled were integrated from the BOTTOM of the AA pilot seniority list at a ratio of 1 TWA pilot to 8.11 AA pilots. Most of the pilots furloughed after 911 were former TWA pilots including some hired at TWA in 1988.
The side letter called “Supplement CC” allows some former TWA pilots to fly captain out of seniority in STL.

So you are partially correct, there are some former TWA pilots flying captain.

That's what I said.

Latest resources

Back