• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPALUV Video shocking or not!!???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not going to discuss SLI but if you don't think there is a chance of Airtran being run separately and dissolved if this goes south then you are being naive. I honestly don't think it's going to come anywhere close to that but you ought to have a good idea what the other guy is holding if you're going to go all in.

4 days!

Gup

"Dissolved if this goes south" Now do you really want that? 10 to 15 years from now, we might look back at this video and say this was the beginning of the end of SW. I think you should call up SWAPA and ask them if they want this. Take a look at your next door neighbor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]AMR...nothing but bad karma. What company do you want to compete against Delta in Hotlanta...divide SWA or a united SWA?

just in swapaluv is accepting applications for the new reality television show featuring swa and airtran crews. They will live in a house together till the negotiations are finished.

"two shall enter, one shall leave, two shall enter, one shall leave!!!"

All the strife is coming from the guys with the most to lose. The senior swa fo's. Anyone in the left seat will stay there. It is the guys who believe that they should gain from the merger that are most upset. Airtran fo's gain a huge pay raise, Airtran captains get a nice raise, Swa captains allready have the dream and dont care. Top quarter of the swa fo list get squat. Tbat is the way it always works in mergers...

Dogg, I may be included in the group you claim to have the most to lose. That said, even IF DOH is awarded, you got to admit that some of the Airtran captains will be SWA f/o's...with a pay raise. So no, not everyone in the left seat is going to stay in the left seat.

From the history of arbitrations over the last few decades....DOH is most likely the worst case scenario for Airtran pilots. That is factual info from dozens of arbitrations (involving non-bankrupt carriers) over the years. I kinda doubt that Gary Kelly wants to downgrade almost 400 Airtran captains (most are on the 717), and upgrade pilots to fill those positions. That costs lots of money for no rational business reason.....Oh and by the way history shows that arbitrators always have kept pilots in their same seats. Can history be changed, yeah. So anything is possible. I'm a bit concerned that many SW pilots have not been educated on the history of arbitrator's decisions of the last few decades, and they may be expecting something that could be unlikely. I'm not trying to be biased or militant but there is a precedent set over the last few decades. Those will be factors as in any precedent in the world of law. I could be wrong too....who knows, anything could happen.

Last edited:
What is most shocking to me about this site is that two legacy carriers that are about to become the largest flight ops in history can't manage to put something like this together. Whether to present spin or facts--and that difference is entirely in the eye of the beholder--UCAL ALPA is way behind the power curve in the info department.

Last edited:
Everyone watch your own attitude. And dont worry about everyone else's. This is a situation where PERCEPTION will definitely equal reality. And we want positive self-fulfilled prophecies, not negative. Both sides are well represented- it will work out. But however it does- will you be defined by the hopes and expectations (and anger?) you've built up over the past months- or will you objectively and rationally take stock of your life?

The choice is all of ours, individually.
I have my opinions about this SLI and believe in them strongly- to me every AT pilot ought to be grateful if stapled- this place is that good. What keeps me even keeled is that I am much more attached to RETIRING HAPPY, than I am to my SLI opinions. And more than any circumstance that can occur in my life, I know the responsibility for that happiness is on me.

This place has made people wealthy in every way a person can be wealthy- materialistically, and in satisfaction w/ life- it's one thing to squeeze the golden goose- in this unique case- it is possible to poison the eggs- think back to when you started flying and when you interviewed - Don't let YOU be part of the poisoning. And keep FI in the place it belongs- cathartic entertainment and mental masturbation- nothing more

Total BS

This thread and the 100 just like it are such crap. This is so stupid I can't believe it. You didn't see the NWA/DAL pilots acting this way. No SLI threads on UAL/CAL either. This is unprofessional, unproductive and it needs to stop now.
Bottom line is the NCs will agree or they will not. If there is an agreement the members of both sides will accept it or they will not. If there is no member ratified agreement it will go to arbitration. If it does we will all have to live with the award and thats it. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
Of course growth would ease the pain. But if you really believe that there will be growth as a result of this you are smoking crack laced with meth. The yield isnt there especially at $112 oil. We will be stagnant for a long time to come so we need to figure out how to get along no matter how this turns out for us.
The worst case scenario for either pilot group is not relative senoirity or a staple but a toxic environment like they have at LCC.

Luv
Ghetto

Latest resources

Back