• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA TA failure just cost me $1,200 per month

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm willing to bet this is your first airline gig. Pay rates are nice, but work rules, scheduling issues, and scope are always the most important!

Except in this contract, the open time was going to be a ton more flexible, the drawdown of the lance program was going to let me be a captain longer and an FO shorter, ELITT wouldn't have continued to get pounded by lances and first year FOs, so ELITT would have actually started working on me and to top it off, there was no domestic code share allowed.

Where was the problem?

Perfect example of someone who absolutely does not see the big picture.

he doesn't have time to see the big picture....he's too busy flying all the time.

"Go home and take care of your kids before they rob me in 10 years"

I see the big picture, and I fully understand both the TA and the side letters. From the sounds of you guys, you believed the hype and gave up all our raises and our codeshare protection.

This is because you don't understand ELITT and the damage that Lances do to your schedule flexibility, you don't understand the damage to your schedule flexibility first year guys do, and you haven't read word-by-word the code share restrictions in the new TA and compared them to the nonsense in SL32.

The new open time would have allowed us to actually bid on VJA instead of crossing our fingers, open time would have filtered direct to pilots instead of being slid to "favorite son" tournament players at the last minute.

It wouldn't have made a difference to the lance giveaways, since the top 3.2% will still get the turn lines--there aren't that many turn lines. Ask a junior lance if they're getting turns. Nope, the junior lance is using ELITT and TTGA and screwing up the net zero.

I can't understand why you guys don't want protection from RJs, I've heard several different times that Republic has been in talks with SWA. But we voted to allow RJs, so have fun, at least we didn't get raises to go along with our codeshare loss.

Just got the memo. Southwest Airlines ceases operations due to their TA being rejected on the first go around.

Seriously, has anyone ever bought a car or a house? Who takes the first offer?

Wow, you sound like a UAL pilot circa 2000: "Give me my raises... I don't care about the outsourcing Section 1 allows." Your biggest pay raise will come when SWA grows its own fleet (instead of Volaris & WestJet) and you upgrade to Captain. Then you'll get your lousy $1200 a month and then some.

Spot on! You know it always amazes me that as pilots, we are constantly learning form others mistakes as well as our own. How many countless of hours have you spent on the sim, or reading about mishaps in order to NOT repeat the same mistakes others have. And yet when it comes to contract negotiations how many times times have we repeated the same mistakes?

Nice job whining about the money you potentially lost when so many are out on the street! Karma is a bitch. Always remember that. You may not realize it now, but we have done you a huge favor voting this turd of a contract down. The sad part is you will have forgotten all about it in the future, and once again attempt to screw everything that we have worked so hard for for a few extra bucks. With friends like you who the hell needs enemies!

Herk

P.S. Can't wait till you upgrade and I get to help you calculate what 5% of the tip is on our heavily discounted 1-2-3 50% discount of the food bill.

How does voting no help scope or code share? We have zero protection right now, the TA didn't allow any domestic code share. So voting no allows domestic code share. How is allowing domestic code share, RJs, wet leases...good for us?

So you gave up code share protection and raises. Nice work.

How does voting no help scope or code share? We have zero protection right now, the TA didn't allow any domestic code share. So voting no allows domestic code share. How is allowing domestic code share, RJs, wet leases...good for us?

So you gave up code share protection and raises. Nice work.

I'll help you out. I actually agree with alot of what you are saying, except the raise thing. Sure a raise would have been nice, but I'm not pissed about not getting it. We are well paid now and SHOULD always remember that fact. I do agree that we may have just given them away. Most of these cry babies sayin " why did the FA's get a bigger raise, boo hoo" need to wake up and remember it's 2009. And one more thing, it's going to take a job action to stop codeshare. GK is COMMITTED to it. He will not change his mind. He is the boss. Period.

p.s. I laugh at these guys b!tching about elitt. Everyone knows that if you're not on in the first 5 minutes it's worthless.

Latest resources

Back