SWAPA TA failure just cost me $1,200 per month

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shearedshaft,

If the company comes back with less of a raise and no retro do you think the new TA will pass ?

I think if SWA comes back with any less of a raise and no retro, it will change the vote from 51/49 no, to 90/10 no.

That is the beauty of voting down this TA, even though by a small margin. If the company comes back something worse, it will fail again.

Then what? Vote no twice and we still don't have code share protection or raises. Are you going to take a job action?

The company doesn't care if you keep voting no. This last no vote saved Gary Kelly $396 million over 2.5 years. Why would he be quaking in his boots if we put it off once again?

Then what? Vote no twice and we still don't have code share protection or raises. Are you going to take a job action?

The company doesn't care if you keep voting no. This last no vote saved Gary Kelly $396 million over 2.5 years. Why would he be quaking in his boots if we put it off once again?

You bet I would vote no again. So you make an extra $1200 a month, but the lance guys lose what? 30/40% yearly pay? So shaft others as long as you get yours right?

Typical, I got mine attitude, especially for a DAL guy.

Are you going to take a job action?
Yes.

The majority have spoken, you must respect and agree to participate with the will of that majority.

Now, are you going to cross that line?

I am a senior FO at SWA and my pay rate was scheduled to go from $108 to $121 after the TA (from about $120/hour to $135/hr).

I fly 120 trips per month, so the TA failure cost me $1,200 per month. Every month.

Would I write a check for $1,200 per month to keep ELITT the same? Nope. How about to let lance captains continue to take senior FO lines and give them to junior FOs? Nope.

This is the interesting part: I've asked every FO I've come in contact with in the last week what they thought their gross pay raise was going to be if the TA passed. Not one had an answer.

Luckily, SWA just announced 9% lower revenues for last month, so I'm sure our pay raises will be even better (not) when we go back to the table.

You guys don't know a good thing when it's looking you in the eye.

I will tell you what, I will trade you my unemployment check for your $108.00 dollars an hour. Talk about someone that does not see the big picture. Me Me Me Me Me!

Current side letter requires the company to grow in order to code share. It also requires one leg on SWA in order to code share. The new code share released the company from both of these requirements.

Im a senior FO too my brother and I loved the new pay rates. I voted no however because my pay is TFP x trips flown. I make A LOT of money from extra fly, vja etc. There is no way Im going to vote to be tied to an open time system that does not exist, and is not tested. Want to change it and make it less expensive for the company....great ... bing it on, but lets test it first and give me an implementation plan.

Last edited:
Current side letter requires the company to grow in order to code share.

Could you quote where it says they are "required" to grow? And maybe the part where it says what happens if they don't?

Im a senior FO too my brother and I loved the new pay rates. I voted no however because my pay is TFP x trips flown. I make A LOT of money from extra fly, vja etc. There is no way Im going to vote to be tied to an open time system that does not exist, and is not tested. Want to change it and make it less expensive for the company....great ... bing it on, but lets test it first and give me an implementation plan.

So you are willing to write a check for $1,000 or $1,100 per month (every month) because you're scared that a new system that has multiple open time closings per day, and allows true voluntary JA hasn't been tested?

It's too bad you loved the new pay rates, they're gone.

Could you quote where it says they are "required" to grow? And maybe the part where it says what happens if they don't?

So you are willing to write a check for $1,000 or $1,100 per month (every month) because you're scared that a new system that has multiple open time closings per day, and allows true voluntary JA hasn't been tested?

It's too bad you loved the new pay rates, they're gone.

I'm willing to bet this is your first airline gig. Pay rates are nice, but work rules, scheduling issues, and scope are always the most important!

Latest resources

Back