• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA TA Failure and downgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I told you all that this was going to happen (a year ago) all the poolies and koolies had explosive diharea. My buddy at the headquarters says that they don't even have a "pilot hiring" person anymore. They've basically shut the whole thing down. He told me that he's hearing that capacity won't be at 2008 levels until 2012. And that's when the next classes will be.

Hey, Tanker Tool is back! TT, if you make a prediction for long enough I figure you have at least a 50/50 chance it might happen; how does it feel to get lucky? There are some good dudes in the pool waiting for their shot at a great job; they don't need your negativity. If you ever get hired at this company it will just prove there is no God. Worst of luck!

Hey, Tanker Tool is back! TT, if you make a prediction for long enough I figure you have at least a 50/50 chance it might happen; how does it feel to get lucky? There are some good dudes in the pool waiting for their shot at a great job; they don't need your negativity. If you ever get hired at this company it will just prove there is no God. Worst of luck!

Sorry dude. How about this to make you feel better: Southwest is going to grow by 10% this year. The 6% cuts in January and the 8% cut coming up in August were merely typos. Hiring should start any second now. No one at Southwest is even mentioning the possiblity of furloughs. SWA is making a ton of money. In fact, the whole industry is printing cash.

Hope that makes you feel better. Time to put your head back in the sand.

Sorry dude. How about this to make you feel better: Southwest is going to grow by 10% this year. The 6% cuts in January and the 8% cut coming up in August were merely typos. Hiring should start any second now. No one at Southwest is even mentioning the possiblity of furloughs. SWA is making a ton of money. In fact, the whole industry is printing cash.

Hope that makes you feel better. Time to put your head back in the sand.

Continue to make that prediction for months/years, as you've done in the past with other predictions, and some day it may turn out to be correct. Tanker Tool, you truly are the biggest idiot I've encountered on FI.

Dear MILPilot,

Let's bury the hatchet. I'm sure you guys will be hiring before the end of the year. You should go treat yourself to a nice 60" LCD to put in new huge house. This economy is really picking up steam. This cap and trade thing won't effect the bottom line for you guys. Things are looking great! People are paying full fares and the jets are packed. In fact, I hear UAL is even going to start hiring in a couple of weeks.

Are we friends now? Will you write me a letter of rec when they call me for an interview?

Thank you in advace.

Your friend,

Tanker Clown

p.s. You might want to start calling jetdok an idiot. He's asking if Southwest is going to furlough. Obviously, he isn't aware that SWA is really in expansion mode right now.

Last edited:
Continue to make that prediction for months/years, as you've done in the past with other predictions, and some day it may turn out to be correct. Tanker Tool, you truly are the biggest idiot I've encountered on FI.

Dude he's one of us. At least that's the rumor anyway.

Guppy did you apply for the NC?

Latest resources

Back